Why I dont buy this game

• 1-) I learned that new patch is incoming and fixing it.

! Interface is terribal. Im searching for servers , trying to array low ping to high but it constatly scrolls down because i selected one server. I cant add servers to favs.

2-) My ideas are changed

! Game is not smooth. I understand in real life you cant move smooth with all of those heavy plate armors however simulation dept of combat kills fun factor. If i were playing this game on wii platform with wii controllers i would totaly enjoy the experience that is presented to me but keyboard and mouse is not simulation friendly.

Edit …… Below are new feedbacks

3-) More Interface compains…Its not user friendly. I learned vanguard has sprint attack on a tip . You sprit with shift and scroll down ( probably ) to pierce and deal massive damage. Im performing but there is no ONE SINGLE INDICATOR , I mean no visual cues , no special sounds , no text that I performed a special ability or combo.

4-) Game feels like a FPS with mostly melee weapons and some limited range.Difference of this game is there is no promise to hit when you aimed and shot it.

edit (2) …

5-) Balance and game mechanics lacks alittle bit depth. I dont use any shield or weapon as man-at-arms class. Im boxing but still losing same stamina while dodging.Maybe my stamina could endure more dodging because i dont use weapon and my punchs have low damage.

• @kijthae:

1-) Interface is terribal. Im searching for servers , trying to array low ping to high but it constatly scrolls down because i selected one server. I cant add servers to favs.

2-) Game is not smooth. I understand in real life you cant move smooth with all of those heavy plate armors however simulation dept of combat kills fun factor. If i were playing this game on wii platform with wii controllers i would totaly enjoy the experience that is presented to me but keyboard and mouse is not simulation friendly.

#1 Interface works fine for me, but there is a patch coming shortly with lots of fixes and lots of content.

#2 It’s a PC game, not a console, fling’er’whipping game for the Wii…… your movement with the controller of the Wii would be faster than what you could really do with a heavy weapon and armour on, thus the timing would be far worse. Trying to move properly to dodge attacks and turning around at a decent speed can not be accomplished with a Wii joystick… I know, cuz I own one.

#3 it’s not a Simulator, it’s a video game.

• The server browser complaint is very valid. There is a UI usability issue that needs to be addressed.

When I click on a server while the browser list is updating, that server needs to stay highlighted in the exact same position on screen. If a user has directed input with the intention of selecting something, the last thing you should do is immediately scroll it off the screen away from them. But what currently happens is just that- the server scrolls away.

This, I feel, is basic UI design principle. A lot of that is being lost in an age where cellphone interfaces are being forced as desktop OSes.

• @Swayze’s:

The server browser complaint is very valid. There is a UI usability issue that needs to be addressed.

When I click on a server while the browser list is updating, that server needs to stay highlighted in the exact same position on screen. If a user has directed input with the intention of selecting something, the last thing you should do is immediately scroll it off the screen away from them. But what currently happens is just that- the server scrolls away.

This, I feel, is basic UI design principle. A lot of that is being lost in an age where cellphone interfaces are being forced as desktop OSes.

Can’t say I’ve experienced this before…. oh well.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@Swayze’s Ghost:

The server browser complaint is very valid. There is a UI usability issue that needs to be addressed.

Can’t say I’ve experienced this before…. oh well.

Not sure what to tell you, as that is the way it works. Maybe you just haven’t noticed.

• @kijthae:

1-) Interface is terribal. Im searching for servers , trying to array low ping to high but it constatly scrolls down because i selected one server. I cant add servers to favs.

2-) Game is not smooth. I understand in real life you cant move smooth with all of those heavy plate armors however simulation dept of combat kills fun factor. If i were playing this game on wii platform with wii controllers i would totaly enjoy the experience that is presented to me but keyboard and mouse is not simulation friendly.

You should post that on a War of the Roses board… I mean, if you find any people there…

Oh and…

1-) Interface is terribal.

is SO not a “reason” to not buy a game… I mean…seriously? You wont buy a game because the server browser interface where you spend 1% of your ingame-time is too difficult to manage for you? Wow…

It works rather fine for me - but sure, it can’t be your fault, can it?

2-) Game is not smooth.

A matter of taste I guess, so have fun playing ridiculously unauthentic and fast-paced games if you like it so much.

Oh and hey… go grab a book and get rid of the “you cant move smooth in plate armor” myth, it was busted ~750 years ago…

• 1. Your spelling is terrible.

2. This is not a combat simulator, thus it won’t feel like one. You must have imagined a few details when you heard about Chivalry.

• @William:

@kijthae:

You should post that on a War of the Roses board… I mean, if you find any people there…

Oh and…

1-) Interface is terribal.

is SO not a “reason” to not buy a game… I mean…seriously? You wont buy a game because the server browser interface where you spend 1% of your ingame-time is too difficult to manage for you? Wow…

It works rather fine for me - but sure, it can’t be your fault, can it?

@38l9i3wv:

2-) Game is not smooth.

A matter of taste I guess, so have fun playing ridiculously unauthentic and fast-paced games if you like it so much.

Oh and hey… go grab a book and get rid of the “you cant move smooth in plate armor” myth, it was busted ~750 years ago…

You know you care and spend your time to respond.
    I never played wars of the roses so no need to post there.
    It works fine for you because you have been playing it for while. I tried it on free weekend and sharing my new user experiences to devolopers as a feedback.
    Ridiculously unauthentic and fast-paced ? You mean arcade ? :) Go get game devolopment 101 lesson at closest university.
    Go army , wear boots , camouflage , carry a g5 and run.Then try to run naked finally try to run in iron plates.You are going to learn meaning of smooth.

• The server browser interface is getting a lot of improvements and bug fixes in the next patch, which will hopefully be out this month.

Not really sure about you saying it is not “smooth”. Wiimotes and stuff wouldn’t be good for this at all. This isn’t meant to be a quake style game where you’re gliding around the floor allover the place, this is fast-paced but slower moving, medieval combat. The animations and so on are “heavy” because that gives “weight” to the weapons and combat, otherwise it would feel as if you’re tickling eachother with feathers, not hitting eachother with a lump of metal while wielding heavy armour. It is not meant to be a full simulation, but to still give the medieval “feel”.

The movement speed also has to be much slower to get that “locked in combat” feel, shooting games are a lot more “smooth” because you need to quickly move, jump and dodge incoming fire. Would be a bit hard to hit each other with swords if it still allowed this kind of movement freedom. At least Sprinting costs no stamina.

Vanguard sprint attack, watch your weapon be “raised” in the air, after sprinting for a few seconds, that’s your queue. All weapons used to do this when sprinting in the alpha (but only Vanguards could do the attack), however it was changed so only Vanguards now raise their weapon up while sprinting fast, when he does this, the attack is ready to be released.

As to it “feeling” like an FPS with limited range weapons, well yeah that’s what it’s supposed to. I’m not really sure how you expect a “promise” that you’ll always hit though… Bullets move several times faster than lumps of metal swung by an arm, or an arrow shot from a bow…

• @kijthae:

3-) More Interface compains…Its not user friendly. I learned vanguard has sprint attack on a tip . You sprit with shift and scroll down ( probably ) to pierce and deal massive damage. Im performing but there is no ONE SINGLE INDICATOR , I mean no visual cues , no special sounds , no text that I performed a special ability or combo.

you know that you will perform a sprint attack when your vanguard changes the position of his weapon. Also, there is something called “training.” I suggest you try it if you want to learn more about the game. It is quite in depth and covers most if not all of beginner level tactics.

Also, you don’t need to have a bunch of words flash up on your screen saying “COMBO x3 AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING” when you hit a triple overhand since it is obvious when you pull off a combo. Plus, it would completely ruin the medieval atmosphere. to be honest, if any of the ideas you have in #3 were to be incorperated into the game, I would not play anymore.

@kijthae:

4-) Game feels like a FPS with mostly melee weapons and some limited range.Difference of this game is there is no promise to hit when you aimed and shot it.

Yes. It is an fps with melee weapons. It is first person, and instead of guns you use swords. Also, of course there is no promise to hit something as an archer or when using throwing axes, since ranged weapons have travel times and arcs. Ranged weaponry in this game requires a lot of guesswork and estimation. If all weapons were hitscan, the game would suck. Ranged weapons would be overpowered, blocks wouldn’t work, ducking wouldn’t work, and pretty much every single part of the game would not work.

• @kijthae:

That sucks!

Wii???!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My game is prfectly smooth.

Edit …… Below are new feedbacks

I don’t even understand what this is, the feedback that you performed a combo is that you do the fucking combo, AS IN YOU SEE IT ON THE SCREEN.

Oh really? Thats because it’s an FPS! First person slasher! What does “no promise” mean? I promise you that if I overhead you with a broadsword you got fucked up.

• Why do noobs feel the need to complain about everything when the fault lies with their noobness: @kijthae:

Difference of this game is there is no promise to hit when you aimed and shot it […] Im performing but there is no ONE SINGLE INDICATOR , I mean no visual cues , no special sounds , no text that I performed a special ability or combo

or arbitrary preconceptions of what the game is like: @kijthae:

I understand in real life you cant move smooth with all of those heavy plate armors however simulation dept of combat kills fun factor

Simulation depth? If you’re not satisfied, go to NASA/the military/wherever and ask to use their simulators, this is a video game that achieved the goals and vision the developers had for it. Sorry it doesn’t conform to your idea of what it should be.

TL;DR = No one cares about your preconceived notions and lack of understanding. Giving feedback when at the bottom of the learning curve is worthless.

• @BobT36:

The server browser interface is getting a lot of improvements and bug fixes in the next patch, which will hopefully be out this month.

Not really sure about you saying it is not “smooth”. Wiimotes and stuff wouldn’t be good for this at all. This isn’t meant to be a quake style game where you’re gliding around the floor allover the place, this is fast-paced but slower moving, medieval combat. The animations and so on are “heavy” because that gives “weight” to the weapons and combat, otherwise it would feel as if you’re tickling eachother with feathers, not hitting eachother with a lump of metal while wielding heavy armour. It is not meant to be a full simulation, but to still give the medieval “feel”.

The movement speed also has to be much slower to get that “locked in combat” feel, shooting games are a lot more “smooth” because you need to quickly move, jump and dodge incoming fire. Would be a bit hard to hit each other with swords if it still allowed this kind of movement freedom. At least Sprinting costs no stamina.

Vanguard sprint attack, watch your weapon be “raised” in the air, after sprinting for a few seconds, that’s your queue. All weapons used to do this when sprinting in the alpha (but only Vanguards could do the attack), however it was changed so only Vanguards now raise their weapon up while sprinting fast, when he does this, the attack is ready to be released.

As to it “feeling” like an FPS with limited range weapons, well yeah that’s what it’s supposed to. I’m not really sure how you expect a “promise” that you’ll always hit though… Bullets move several times faster than lumps of metal swung by an arm, or an arrow shot from a bow…

Good Post
    Unlike other guys who are full of anger , rage , insult , wrath you proved that Im wrong on some points.Reason of why i started this thread is Why I dont buy this game eventhough I want to buy it because of it has good sides that I enjoyed subconsciously.Im new player who tried it on freeweekend.I may be full of bias and this causes my perception judge the game unfair.

The animations and so on are “heavy” because that gives “weight” to the weapons and combat, otherwise it would feel as if you’re tickling eachother with feathers, not hitting eachother with a lump of metal while wielding heavy armour. It is not meant to be a full simulation, but to still give the medieval “feel”.

I totaly agree with you now.

Gonna pay more attention now.

• sorry it didnt work out 4u :(
    Oh well :D

• If you want to play with your Wii, go play with your Wii.

• @kijthae:

Gonna pay more attention now.

Does this mean you bought the game or do you wait for the next free weekend? :D