Record your own battle cries!

• I love the battle cries. They’re really cool. I’d love to see support for people being able to record their own. It would be a great way to personalize your character without the need of some physical customization aspect. People could report horribly offensive battle cries obviously.

I think it would just add a really neat touch. Of course there’s not telling if people would keep it (at least semi) lore friendlyish, but as long as it’s in good taste it’s all part of the fun. To be honest i’d be tempted to shout out a bunch of 300 quotes, but still, how could would that be?

• A way to moderate this would be making a big library of battlecries and being able to select one set for yourself. To lessen their workload the devs could ask the community to send in some and then sort the shitty ones out.

• @Helgeran:

A way to moderate this would be making a big library of battlecries and being able to select one set for yourself. To lessen their workload the devs could ask the community to send in some and then sort the shitty ones out.

Me likey.

• You likely what?

• I would record a bunch of really stupid crap to scream while i run around killing people. I like this idea, but it would not be the way you invision it, I’m sure. Probably a bunch of people running around with soundboarded voices saying crazy stuff. It would be good for some laughs, however.

• If this is ever put into the game, all you will hear of battlecries will be this: (warning, the spoiler has poorly censored cussing)

! “N!GER PEN!S PEN!S PEN!S N!GER N!GER N!GER PEN!S PEN!S!!!”

• @MrAndrooson:

You likely what?

The guy I quoted’s suggestion(s).

• there is gonna need to be alot of censoring

• This would be one of those ideas were the devs would say. “Why do we listen to the community again?”

• Have some faith guys. Surely people who get their kicks from cutting people limb from limb all day long aren’t all pugnacious racist jerks. Now if you’ll excuse me I have some filthy peasants and Agatha scum to slaughter. ;D (except not, because free weekend ended, but i’m buying this bad boy as soon as I get paid.)

@Hadron:

@MrAndrooson:

You likely what?

The guy I quoted’s suggestion(s).

Oh sorry I misread. I thought you said “Me LIKELY, not Me likey. lol”

Perhaps one could attempt a preemptive strike against obscenities by providing a clear indication that racial slurs/otherwise derogatory behavior would result in account banning, which I believe would be a fair. It might keep people in line. As long as the community were respectful, it could be pretty cool. And/or if it begins to get out of hand, then scrap it. I’d would be a shame to see it not happen simply because people -may- abuse it.

• The voice acting is one of he things people like about this game.

If your character suddenly starts yelling in a different voice that would be wierd. And you know how most people have crap mics.

And you should know this community by now. Half of them, are dicks. And don’t forget about spamming.

Its fine as it is. Adds nothing to the game. Takes away from the game a bit. Cons out way pros. And it won’t be a novelty for long.

• I just joined this community, but as with nearly all communities there is usually a good percentage of douche bags.

However, obviously those who liked the original sounds need not record their own.

Hrmm, I suppose I should rephrase my suggestion. Let ME record MY own battle cries! Everyone else can pound sand. (:

• @Helgeran:

A way to moderate this would be making a big library of battlecries and being able to select one set for yourself. To lessen their workload the devs could ask the community to send in some and then sort the shitty ones out.

This is a fantastic way to add this suggestion without negatively affecting other players. In doing so they would increase the number of voice overs for variety, make the community closer, and keep them quality/in realm. Woe to those who have to dig through it all, though.

• it’s a cool idea… but it would have to be allowed on the server, similar to sprays on TF2. I can already picture people abusing it so I don’t think it’s a good idea. I think the suggestion for the huge library of different soundsets for each class would be a more feasible option though.

• Finally, I can put my 100 fart recordings to good use, just imagine a vanguard charing into battle while yelling

“PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFP!”

• @SharpshotSid:

Finally, I can put my 100 fart recordings to good use, just imagine a vanguard charing into battle while yelling

“PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFP!”

BWAHAHAHAHA :D

• I would put some out with D2 sound bites, SC, and Spongebog ;)

• Everyone is not a voice artist. Hearing 15 year old premature kids yelling with their annoying voice is disgusting.