Unarmed support

• As im sure many of you are plenty aware, pugilism is the true gentlemans sport. Perfect for fights between the last men on LTS or for slapping that lmb spam vanguard. However will we ever see an option to make fists viable in all situations short of novelty? Honestly, they dont need much to do so. Maybe a tiny boost to damage but all they need is the ability to block weapons.

I propose something along the lines of…

http://imgur.com/c2ZKuMM

• @wolas321:

ability to block weapons.

nope, fists are fine.

• People fist fighting is not medieval warfare. It even being in the game is a novelty but ill be damned if im actually competing against fist fighters.

• I don’t think fists were ever really meant to be viable weapons in all situations of combat.

They’re meanly meant for fisticuff dualling, and going badass mode by punching to death someone who has a massive axe.

Also this is a discussion about Balance, guess where it goes… -moved. :p

• This weekend they were actually quite good, since very few of the free-weekend players parried them.

• @wolas321:

the ability to block weapons.

If my arms could block weapons, I’d be superman.

As it is, fists are actually pretty underrated and quite easy to catch players offguard because of almost immediate contact and practically no wind up. It’s quite abusable on MAA because of dodge, which can frustrate a lot of players with low reach weapons. So no, they really don’t need a buff.

That said, it wouldn’t hurt to implement fist-like weapons, but that wouldn’t be quite realistic in the given setting I suppose.

• Add the possibility of carrying a shield and punch with the other arm ?

That would be quite fun and challenging, letting experienced players have fun with beginners and archers.

• @LineFormation:

Add the possibility of carrying a shield and punch with the other arm ?

That would be quite fun and challenging, letting experienced players have fun with beginners and archers.

That was suggested in another fist thread, but rejected on the grounds that allowing the uber-fast fist to equip a shield would very much unbalance things.

• @Hadron:

@LineFormation:

Add the possibility of carrying a shield and punch with the other arm ?

That was suggested in another fist thread, but rejected on the grounds that allowing the uber-fast fist to equip a shield would very much unbalance things.

Bah, they could easily nerf the fist attack speed when carrying a shield (since you’ve got to carry the shield and can not balance yourself with your other arm), making it as fast as the average sword (but dealing much less damages).

• “omae wa mo shindeiru”

That is how I feel when using fists.