Server list causes my internet to drop

• I had this problem in NS2 (thread here http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums … pic=124253), which was solved by setting a limit to the number of pings Steam can send, but it isn’t solving the problem in Chivalry.

Basically if I wait too long on the server list, or click any of the filters, I will be kicked off my net for about 5 minutes (literally 5 minutes). The problem probably comes from the sheer number of pings it tries to send out, causing the net to crash.

It’s making the (newly bought :( ) game unplayable for me

• Is the problem being logged? It’s making the game unplayable so please do reply :(

• I used to get this error but it went away when i found this fix that replace the MasterServer2.vdf file in steam. But since the latest update i get auto timeout a short while after i join servers and its for much the same reason. Think it has to do with the type of connection this game uses as oppossed to the number of connection. I have BT total broadband btw.

• Could I at least get a reply please?

• @Tiresais:

Could I at least get a reply please?

Did you try dropping the rate more for Chivalry?

Also, make sure that your modem/router has the latest firmware installed.

• Latest firmware, I tried dropping the rate to 250 in steam options and that didn’t work. There’s no option in the game that I could see about limiting the number of servers to ping, is there a .ini file that can limit the pings?

Thanks

• @Tiresais:

Latest firmware, I tried dropping the rate to 250 in steam options and that didn’t work. There’s no option in the game that I could see about limiting the number of servers to ping, is there a .ini file that can limit the pings?

Thanks

If this doesnt work, my only bet is you changing router :(

• @Tiresais:

Latest firmware, I tried dropping the rate to 250 in steam options and that didn’t work. There’s no option in the game that I could see about limiting the number of servers to ping, is there a .ini file that can limit the pings?

Thanks

It’s currently set up to only query the first 240 servers returned by the master server browser.

Does the router/modem have any kind of internal packet flood protection that you can disable?

• I presume it does, but it’s returning servers at a much quicker rate than 240 servers per minute - the sheer speed could be the problem - can I limit the speed at which it seeks out these servers?

• @Tiresais:

I presume it does, but it’s returning servers at a much quicker rate than 240 servers per minute - the sheer speed could be the problem - can I limit the speed at which it seeks out these servers?

That’s done via the Steam server pings per minute setting that you already played with… :?

I’m working on a Java based server-browser that may be what you need. It works currently, but it doesn’t have any server filters set up. So you would get ALL of the servers (albeit slower than the in-game browser does it). You can still sort by ping and game mode - that’s in. If you would like the current unfinished version, I could send that your way.

• That would be nice :) Would I just double click and it’ll load up Chivalry? 'cause even entering the server list is a risk lol