So much potential

• This game is great. I love it and have purchased it today on steam because it was half off. I respect and appreciate the fact that this game is like the first of its kind so of course I expected it to be far from perfect. There are just a few issues I would like to address here

1 - Some classes just have an unfair advantage.
    If you are playing as a man at arms, you simply have an advantage in 1v1 combat. They way they are used is way to unrealistic and frankly annoying. They run and swing continuously at whoever they are attacking until they are dead. They are too fast to need to block or parry any attacks and usually kill a much higher level opponent on the basis of noob-ism and button spamming. I believe they need to be slowed down just a tad, just so they can’t win duels by spamming the mouse. I understand the knight and vanguard should be slower, but fact being you are a 300 lbs knight or vanguard and the maa is probably 185 should implicate that that MAA better stay the hell away from that knight in close quarters. but instead, maa’s run and gun basically all over the battle field. Something I just thought should be taken into consideration. This also goes for archers. They’re reload speeds need to be increased. Especially since an archer with a dagger (somehow in this game) can murder a fully armored knight with no problem.

2- We NEED a medic tool
    I saw this posted somewhere else here in the forums the other day and the Admin’s response was that medics are simply unrealistic. Well how is a medic unrealistic in comparison to being magically healed by nothing at all during the game. if you crouch, you’re fatal bleeding out wounds are magically healed? There should be a medic class or tool to have on the side in replacement for throwing axes or a shield or something.

3 - More customization
    What would it hurt to add a little color to your armor? A little bit of individualism. Some markings or war paint. anything at all to give us a feel of a less repetitive same ol’ same ol’ game.

4-swinging, then turning, then striking?!?!?
    Idk if anyone else has noticed this but I think it is pretty frustrating when someone attacks, misses, but turns there character in the midst of the attack and takes out like 2 or 3 guys with an unaccurate, nooby attempt.
    Ill try to explain in detail. Someone does a generic side to side swing, they start the swing, and end up missing, but at the last second they turn towards a huddle of 2 players and cuts them both in half. Earning 2 kills without even realizing it. This seems like an error in the hit boxes or the way the player moves.

5- Kicking or bashing needs to be more effective
    Not talking about damage wise but how much it makes the other player stumble. You can kick the sh** out of someone and they will still without a problem block your attack. Like nothing happened. I think there should be a greater stumble with a kick or a bash.

6-More attacks
    mouse wheel up, mouse wheel down, left mouse, that’s it. Why not add more? It won’t hurt! Click the mouse wheel, or press right and left mouse buttons at same time.

7- A STORY GIVE US A CAMPAIGN MODE. Give us a reason to fight! Add more factions then just red or blue! Add more maps, more game modes, more bang for our buck.

• 1. Completely disagree.
    Since release all classes have been called OP at least once and in my opinion there is no class OP. A good example is the VG. It was actually called underpowered for a while and now there are voices again calling it OP. They simply all play different and need different tactics. Ask any skilled player here, they will say the same thing.

It is actually not too hard for a Vg or Knight to kill a MaA, but you have to make use of your strengths. Yes the MaA can be devastating with a skilled user, but a VG with its range and damage and the knight with its awesome damage and health are equally powerful in skilled hands.
    Even the archer has its strengths and can win from all other classes if used right (backstab).

The only real OP things are in the separate weapons and not necessarily in the classes themselves.

2. No separate class, but I do not have a preference otherwise.
    I hate regeneration, but they had some good reasons to implement it.

3. There will probably be some customization in the future.
    Helmets are already in (although very few) and there is talk of having some customization with the same colour palettes of the teams.

4.It is real-time, that is the beauty of it. When you make an overhead, you can actually turn 180 degrees with your weapon above you and let it come down on the maa trying to sprint past you (they never see it coming, works splendidly 100% of the time). It grants you much more control this way. Also very important when you make a mistake, so you can face your stab away from the bloodied friend that jumped in front of your attack.

5. Agreed, but this is a known issue afaik.

6. In the next patch (next week) they add an opposite attack for every swing. So you can swing from left to right, but also do an ‘underhead’ instead of overhead. Works pretty well I might add (it’s in the beta, so you can try it out yourself)

7. There is a story and it’s in the TO mode. However the story is not told verbally and there are too few maps (yet) to make it very obvious. (http://www.chivalrythegame.com/lore.htm).

Well structured feedback! That is very much appreciated ;)

• Thank you for the reply. I guess you are right about the classes i just need to play a little longer so i can rip those little a holes heads off. I was unaware of the beta. I’m going to check it out right now. I am very new to this so I am unaware of what is going on. Thank you again. :D

• @jerbearkillyou:

Thank you for the reply. I guess you are right about the classes i just need to play a little longer so i can rip those little a holes heads off. I was unaware of the beta. I’m going to check it out right now. I am very new to this so I am unaware of what is going on. Thank you again. :D

I’m glad that he got to this before anybody else did - a lot of people here would’ve just ripped you a new one. Also, I agree with #5, but it’s being looked at.

• As long as feedback is structured like this it deserves a serious answer ;)
    At the least these kind of answers can clear a lot of misconceptions up before it becomes a flamefest.

• “If you crouch, you’re fatal bleeding out wounds are magically healed?”

Wait, what? Someone fill me in. There is fatal bleeding out in this game? And crouching stops it?

• @MrAndrooson:

“If you crouch, you’re fatal bleeding out wounds are magically healed?”

Wait, what? Someone fill me in. There is fatal bleeding out in this game? And crouching stops it?

No, no. Some people want these mechanics, but they’re not in-game. Health regenerates if you stay out of combat, though.

• I think that was just a dramatization of the health regeneration system the OP opposed

• Check out mount and blade as well, a really great single player mode in it for a campaign, horses etc. Nice multiplayer too, but hard to break into at this point.

1. Yes, Man at arms has a huge advantage. They can stunlock or kill knights in 2-3 hits (got killed on one hit once too, but I think that was a scripter). They can teleport a long distance at the cost of a little stamina, then telestab you out of nowhere. Knights and vangaurds are too slow, as once a MaA starts to spam, you are stunlocked.

Vanguard is not OP, just a bit broken. Getting hit when you are behind them, etc.

1. No

2. As a colorblind person (the colorblindsim mode doesnt seem to work for me), id like to see a better option.

3. Id like to see mouse movement slowed a bit more I suppose.

• What do you mean by stunlock? It just requires proper timing for the knight or VG, you’re not stunned or anything. You get flinched, but that’s normal and you can still parry his next attack. The fact that a lot of people do not parry the second hit.

Being a MaA a lot, I rarely see people even trying to block and afterwards they complain that it is OP… People simply forget or react to late and yes than the 3 hits can come quickly. However that one huge sword in that MaA’s face which instakills can come quickly and unexpectedly either.

• @Nivve:

What do you mean by stunlock? It just requires proper timing for the knight or VG, you’re not stunned or anything. You get flinched, but that’s normal and you can still parry his next attack. The fact that a lot of people do not parry the second hit.

Being a MaA a lot, I rarely see people even trying to block and afterwards they complain that it is OP… People simply forget or react to late and yes than the 3 hits can come quickly. However that one huge sword in that MaA’s face which instakills can come quickly and unexpectedly either.

Very true. A lot of people who don’t know how to properly counter these kinds of things always complain (although I complain about teaming XD).