[KNIGHT] You can wield the Messer with a shield.

• Title says it all, if you have a messer sword and a shield, pull out the messer, and press the key you use to equip your primary again. You will now be wielding a shorter messer whilst wielding a shield. This is very useful I find if you are low on health or are charging archers.

That is all.

• You can do this with any two-handed sword as a knight.

• @SerFluffy:

Title says it all, if you have a messer sword and a shield, pull out the messer, and press the key you use to equip your primary again. You will now be wielding a shorter messer whilst wielding a shield. This is very useful I find if you are low on health or are charging archers.

That is all.

Hardly a tutorial, everyone who’s any good at knight knew this. Then again… Anyone who’s any good at knight probably isn’t looking for tutorials? Definitely good to have the knowledge posted SOMEWHERE so noobs will stop arguing about whether it’s a hack or a bug or how to do it and whatnot.

• So if I read correctly, with shield you wield a “shorter” Messer (or other two handler) ? Is it really shorter ?
    And what about the speed can somebody tell me about the speed ?
    And also about the damage how is that calculated with a shield ?

• This is a unique feature that WILL sadly be removed cause its not intended.

• @wildwulfy:

This is a unique feature that WILL sadly be removed cause its not intended.

Really that wasn’t intended? I normally use a 1h with the shield, but I was under the impression using the hand-and-a-half swords with a shield was an intended feature, as they even have their own separate damage stats. :?

• @AngryDave:

@wildwulfy:

Really that wasn’t intended? I normally use a 1h with the shield, but I was under the impression using the hand-and-a-half swords with a shield was an intended feature, as they even have their own separate damage stats. :?

I know, right? Although, i still switch to my secondary if facing anything but another knight.

• I took the training for knights and he mentioned that knights could use 2h swords in 1 hand with a shield. It did take me a while to realize that I had to hit the #1 key to switch between using it 1h with shield and 2h without the shield. I do believe it is working as designed.

• Yeah, I learned about it in the tutorial. Sadly it didn’t work with the axe, but I like using the Sword of War as a 1h with shield.

• @wildwulfy:

That sucks immensely.

• Is there a source for that? Because it hardly looks not WAI.

• Tutorial guy clearly says Knight unique feature is wielding shield AND 2h-swords like 1h-s.

• Tutorial Knight is correct and you can still wield Bastard Swords/Sword of War/Messer with one hand and a shield in new patch.

Silly alpha tester.

• Wolfy is confused and is referring to wielding the Messer with one-hand without a shield. This should be fixed now though.