Just bought The Game after The Free Weekend And…

• …I’m beginning to think this is the usual common garbage with every online game, the people who play it.

Even in such a short period of time after the weekend had finished I realised a very strong trend, Man At Arms shield and dagger players. To me - out of the time that I’ve played which is about 21 hours - this class is the most ‘noobmode’. I don’t know about everyone else but my mouse sensitivity is much slower in combat, one dodge to the right and that’s a hit/headshot as I can’t get turned quick enough, the rest of the time is spend hiding behind their shield waiting to be attacked to get a quick jab, not to mention their very small stature.

What I am looking to know is this the usual sort of thing I can expect from this game?

Thanks,
    Dean.

• Seriously, again with these from people who’ve played less than 40 hours?

MaAs in skilled hands can be devastating, but no more than any other one.

Switch to your secondary against a speedy MaA if using a heavy class.

• @Dean981:

…I’m beginning to think this is the usual common garbage with every online game, the people who play it.

Even in such a short period of time after the weekend had finished I realised a very strong trend, Man At Arms shield and dagger players. To me - out of the time that I’ve played which is about 21 hours - this class is the most ‘noobmode’. (Lawl)I don’t know about everyone else but my mouse sensitivity is much slower in combat, one dodge to the right and that’s a hit/headshot as I can’t get turned quick enough, the rest of the time is spend hiding behind their shield waiting to be attacked to get a quick jab, not to mention their very small stature. (Even bigger lawl)What I am looking to know is this the usual sort of thing I can expect from this game?

Thanks,
    Dean.

You can’t turn quick enough? You know what a mouse sensitivity slider does, right? Complaining about shield and dagger is hilarious, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one person use that setup and only seen one guy use dagger as a primary, which was surprisingly effective at stunlocking.

To answer your question though, no, no it is not what you can expect, but judging from your post I’d hazard a guess at you being able to complain about absolutely anything that kills you. In fact, since you were describing “hiding behind a shield waiting to get in a jab” he was probably not even using a dagger, more likely to be a Broad/Norse/Shortsword.

Get better at the game, eliminate mistakes in your play, then you can look at the game more fairly.

• Dean981, honestly, this is simply a case of you not knowing the game well enough to play against more skilled players.

First of all, you can adjust your mouse sensitivity settings in the game options.

Second of all, if someone is beating you with speed, then switch to a speedier weapon yourself. Or just get better at your preferred weapon and play to YOUR strengths, not their’s.

Again, no, this is not what you should expect all the time if you buy the game. But if you never get good enough at the game to counteract these tactics, or even change your strategy, then you might as well expect these things because people who use them will kill you over and over again.

• @Daiyuki:

You can’t turn quick enough? You know what a mouse sensitivity slider does, right? Complaining about shield and dagger is hilarious, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one person use that setup and only seen one guy use dagger as a primary, which was surprisingly effective at stunlocking.

To answer your question though, no, no it is not what you can expect, but judging from your post I’d hazard a guess at you being able to complain about absolutely anything that kills you. In fact, since you were describing “hiding behind a shield waiting to get in a jab” he was probably not even using a dagger, more likely to be a Broad/Norse/Shortsword.

Get better at the game, eliminate mistakes in your play, then you can look at the game more fairly.

Why’d I even bother with a forum post, twat answers from typical forumers.

• Well, everything in his post IS true. If you’re going to attack him like that then I’d have to agree.

Why DID you even bother making a post?

• @Dean981:

However rudely, Daiyuki answered your questions. You even handpicked the post to get offended by instead of going with omgsushilol’s more polite reply conveying the exact same point.
    Get thicker skin.

• @DemonicChocobo:

Well, everything in his post IS true. If you’re going to attack him like that then I’d have to agree.

Why DID you even bother making a post?

Answered a rhetorical question.

• @Torrenz:

@Dean981:

However rudely, Daiyuki answered your questions. You even handpicked the post to get offended by instead of going with omgsushilol’s more polite reply conveying the exact same point.
    Get thicker skin.

Offended? I said twat forumers so I’m offended. I should’ve said immature forumers, is that more or less deserving of being offended?

Doesn’t matter as I won’t be back. I usually keep the faith that not all forums are kids/immature adults, this situation however will stop me next time when I think of seeking information from a forum.

Cheerio.

• @Dean981:

Offended? I said twat forumers so I’m offended. I should’ve said immature forumers, is that more or less deserving of being offended?

Doesn’t matter as I won’t be back. I usually keep the faith that not all forums are kids/immature adults, this situation however will stop me next time when I think of seeking information from a forum.

Cheerio.

So you weren’t offended. You’re just naturally so condescending that you casually insult people, and we’re the immature twats. Cheerio.

• @Dean981:

@Torrenz:

@Dean981:

Get thicker skin.

Cheerio.

Like Torrentz said, instead of focusing on the more polite points, in response to your question, you instead ignore it and decide to cherrypick the negative posts.

I suggest that in the future, when you post your disappointment about a game on it’s official forum, never begin the post by openly disparaging it.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but since you’re easily antagonised, don’t start with _"…I’m beginning to think this is the usual common garbage with every online game, the people who play it." _because this also invites any forum’s troll and flamer responses thus a high chance of this cycle repeating itself - where the smallest slight escalates into “I’m leaving” without ever conceding or addressing any of the polite rebuttals to your query.

The main recommendation here is, get better at the game, 21 hours is nowhere near enough experience to be able to competently take on skilled shield MAAs.
    Work on your footing, feint an attack or two whilst facehugging circlestrafing your opponent until you think you can stab around his shield. Or try an overhead feint into a feet-stab.

• It’s done, guys. No need to bash the guy, even if he was rude - he’s already said he’s done here. Move along.