Sales during the sale

• Yes, I am the guy who posted about this game’s sales earlier too. I just strongly believe that this game’s developers should be properly rewarded for excellent work.

I am wondering how this game has sold during the free weekend with the half-off sale.

• Consistently best or second best seller on Steam the whole weekend, even with the Squenix sale going on at the same time and the Steam release of DmC and a new Skyrim DLC. Sitting comfortably at #2 right now behind Sleeping Dogs, which just went on sale at 75% off. Basically, it did pretty well :D

• From what I’ve seen I don’t think (from a pure sales perspective) that it could have gone much better for Torn Banner really.

I mean heck this is their FIRST game as a brand new studio, getting the game to be #1 or at least in the top 10 for so long during release and afterwards, INCLUDING the Christmas sales was fantastic.
    They’ve also gained a lot of attention from high profile gaming news sites, the Gamespot guy had fantastic fun with it.

Well known YouTubers with litterally millions of subscribers have also been putting out footage on this game, such as TotalBiscuit and the Yogscast etc. Nice to see so many people have such kind words for the game.

So happy for Torn Banner with this, and its nice to feel part of it as well after being in the Alpha and modding the forums, I enjoyed Age of Chivalry a lot, and this game too.

As long as they keep fixing bugs and releasing content, maybe a few cosmetic DLCs in the future, I can see Chiv continuing to do well for a long time to come. It certainly doesn’t have much competition either, especially in the first-person department. It’s the kinda game that I’ll think “I feel like smashing some heads with a hammer” for a long time to come in future heh, it isn’t really an experience that will easily be replaced by other newer games as they’re unlikely to feature the same sorta thing.

Looking forward to see what they come out with in future too after supporting Chiv for a while, whether that’s sticking to what they’ve established they have skill in (first-person melee combat) or trying something new and challenging and different entirely.

Should give the devs a lot of cred as well for if they decide to move onto anything else in the future. I do hope if they get swallowed up by a publisher though it’s by one who mainly helps with QA and actual publishing like Paradox, rather than one of the horrible ones (EA, Activision, I’m looking at you) who interfere with the games.

• @BobT36:

Should give the devs a lot of cred as well for if they decide to move onto anything else in the future. I do hope if they get swallowed up by a publisher though it’s by one who mainly helps with QA and actual publishing like Paradox, rather than one of the horrible ones (EA, Activision, I’m looking at you) who interfere with the games.

Who are the ‘good guys’ left in the industry? I want to say Zenimax/Bethesda… but that’s all that I can come up with. I don’t know if Chiv would fit in their portfolio though. I guess it’s a different genre than the Elder Scrolls IP - FPS/twitch/action so it wouldn’t compete too much.

• Good that devs earn some real money. Now its about time that Torn Banner Studios hire someone to rewrite netcode.

Such a lovely engine to work from, yet such a crappy netcode…