Skin Packs?

• will the Torn Banner team be making skin packs? and if so are they gonna be just different knights because i would really enjoy some diversity in the battlefield. It would be amazing to see Spartans, Vikings, Samurais and Hwarang all fighting it out in the battlefield. thank you

• No thank you. One only needs to look at what happened to Tribes: Ascend to understand why that would be a bad idea. Classes would become too hard to differentiate from one another at a distance.

• Hell. NO.

• Please Torn Banner……don’t do this!!! This is only confusing.

Kraltorrik

• @Hadron:

Hell. NO.

Try and include some actual feedback rather than to shout “NO!” trying to raise your postcount.

Now back on topic. I woudln’t like to see any purchasable skin packs in game, certaintly none that would include characters that just be out of place in a fictional european medieval world. If any cosmetic customisation will be expanded on in game, I hope it just sticks to helmets, or otherwise something small, such as a cloak or cape, nothing that would obscure the class’ identity

• @SharpshotSid:

@Hadron:

Hell. NO.

Try and include some actual feedback rather than to shout “NO!” trying to raise your postcount.

Now back on topic. I woudln’t like to see any purchasable skin packs in game, certaintly none that would include characters that just be out of place in a fictional european medieval world. If any cosmetic customisation will be expanded on in game, I hope it just sticks to helmets, or otherwise something small, such as a cloak or cape, nothing that would obscure the class’ identity

I didn’t have time to post a decent-length thing, so I thought I’d chuck in my personal opinion. Now here’s the why: too confusing on the battlefield, out of context, out of the semi-realistic time period.

• I think minor cosmetics would be great so long as the classes still retain their identity.

A variety of helmets and perhaps some variation on the clothing/shield textures and maybe some small accessories would be cool.

But I think mixing spartans, vikings and samurais etc would be a bit ridiculous and is not really in the spirit of the game.

• @AngryDave:

I think minor cosmetics would be great so long as the classes still retain their identity.

A variety of helmets and perhaps some variation on the clothing/shield textures and maybe some small accessories would be cool.

But I think mixing spartans, vikings and samurais etc would be a bit ridiculous and is not really in the spirit of the game.

I completely agree.

• M&B: Warband has a very nice example why you shouldn’t mix different cultures armors in 1 game. While vanilla warband is fine in that matter, there is a mod - cRPG. While many still enjoy it and have fun playing different modes of it - general pubic battles look like a horrible circus mash up - you have barbarians/samurais/medieval knights knights…it only lacks clowns.

• i would like to see weapons skins added but that is about it :D

• Skins should still retain the class’ weapon and armor identity. For example a knight’s new armor might be slightly darker or cooler looking but it doesn’t make him look like any other classes.

Simple Cosmetic things can be done, like making weapons darker shades with spikes, chains, rust, etc.

Or create a dye system where you can dye your armor silver, charcoal, etc.

• @seriously:

Or create a dye system where you can dye your armor silver, charcoal, etc.

i really like this idea!!!

• I totally agree with the dyeing system and minor cosmetics, but I don’t like the idea of weapon skins at all, unless we’re talking minor embellishments to the blade/handle. I like to know what weapon my enemy is using against me since it affects the way that I duel them, and if there are a bunch of different skins then it’s going to be much harder to tell the difference between them.

Adding things like wear to your armor, different trims, spikes, varied shoulder/knee/gauntlet pieces, trophies, etc. is an awesome idea though.

If possible I would love to see some sort of pattern changing in the tabards and cloth pieces of the armor as well. Obviously there would have to be a color scheme lock for team modes, but being able to switch between checked/plain/striped/etc. would be a pretty cool feature for customization.

• @Vrchow:

I totally agree with the dyeing system and minor cosmetics, but I don’t like the idea of weapon skins at all, unless we’re talking minor embellishments to the blade/handle. I like to know what weapon my enemy is using against me since it affects the way that I duel them, and if there are a bunch of different skins then it’s going to be much harder to tell the difference between them.

Adding things like wear to your armor, different trims, spikes, varied shoulder/knee/gauntlet pieces, trophies, etc. is an awesome idea though.

If possible I would love to see some sort of pattern changing in the tabards and cloth pieces of the armor as well. Obviously there would have to be a color scheme lock for team modes, but being able to switch between checked/plain/striped/etc. would be a pretty cool feature for customization.

I like this…

• I’m surprised nobody’s said this. (I actually just made an account to post xD )

Coat of Arms anyone?

There could be a rudimentary heraldry system (E.g. Diablo III’s banners) or perhaps, if they’re daring to give us that power, the capacity to upload our own images to use. The coat of arms would appear in applicable spots, such as the shields and surcoats. It would be an interesting way of aiding in identification, just like how they used to actually do it. It wouldn’t interfere with class differences, and the red vs blue color scheme would be left intact. This said, I would also like to see some different helmet models, but changing the rest of the character models would seem a bit dangerous for class-identification. I would love to toss a sallet onto my knights.

• I vote against any kind of customization.
    Seriously, I don’t like it and I never did, not even when it was new and everyone saw it as “refreshing”.

There’s no reason a soldier should be any different from his brothers in arms, it’s just silly.

• @Monkey:

I’m surprised nobody’s said this. (I actually just made an account to post xD )

Coat of Arms anyone?

There could be a rudimentary heraldry system (E.g. Diablo III’s banners) or perhaps, if they’re daring to give us that power, the capacity to upload our own images to use. The coat of arms would appear in applicable spots, such as the shields and surcoats. It would be an interesting way of aiding in identification, just like how they used to actually do it. It wouldn’t interfere with class differences, and the red vs blue color scheme would be left intact. This said, I would also like to see some different helmet models, but changing the rest of the character models would seem a bit dangerous for class-identification. I would love to toss a sallet onto my knights.

The devs have already said they’d like to bring in emblem customization (i.e, coats of arms). I don’t think they’d allow us to upload our own pics for coats of arms, lol.

• @The:

I vote against any kind of customization.
    Seriously, I don’t like it and I never did, not even when it was new and everyone saw it as “refreshing”.

There’s no reason a soldier should be any different from his brothers in arms, it’s just silly.

I’m pretty sure the customization would make the game more historically accurate, and we all know that the developers have said they want to keep it close to that. Standard issue armor wasn’t really a thing for Knights in particular, all you have to do to see this is walk into an armor museum. It’s true that there is no reason that two soldiers of the Masons or Agathas should be sporting different colors than one another, but that doesn’t mean that their armors and tabards would be the same. We definitely should stay away from any sort of massive customization, but slight cosmetic tweaks are a cool idea in my opinion.

• @Vrchow:

@The:

I vote against any kind of customization.

I’m pretty sure the customization would make the game more historically accurate, and we all know that the developers have said they want to keep it close to that. Standard issue armor wasn’t really a thing for Knights in particular, all you have to do to see this is walk into an armor museum. It’s true that there is no reason that two soldiers of the Masons or Agathas should be sporting different colors than one another, but that doesn’t mean that their armors and tabards would be the same. We definitely should stay away from any sort of massive customization, but slight cosmetic tweaks are a cool idea in my opinion.

Very true - look at any 2 knights from opposing houses in the Middle Ages.