Weapon Affecting speed

• I was wondering if what weapons you carry can affect your running speed. i don’t mean how the knights are slower then a MAA but how a Archer with a shortbow and a dagger can be slightly faster then a Archer carrying a Warbow and shortsword. Good idea? bad idea? Discuss.

• It would make it harder to find speed hackers. Very hard almost impossible.

• As long as the differences between classes will remain noticable (a knight with just a warhammer and a broadsword should not run as vast as a VG for example) I am fine with slight alterations per weapon.

But tbh I think it’s something of a very low priority. The differences will not matter much when you keep the differences low enough to let the class differences be high.

• I believe equipping a shield makes you slower (if it’s one of the larger ones) but that could be my own perception. Speeds being tied to the classes and not the weapons makes sense to me though, it would be kind of lame to be less agile because you went for a high-power weapon.

• I use Knight with Grand Mace/Norse Sword a lot, and it might just be something psychological (see: everyone runs faster with a knife) but I feel like I might be going faster when I whip out the Norse Sword and put the mace on my back…

• Archers are faster than knights because of the knife… it all makes sense now!

But yes I think it’s psychological, but I suffer the same fate when I have a large weapon as primary :)

• @lemonater47:

It would make it harder to find speed hackers. Very hard almost impossible.

Yes, speed hackers are getting much more subtle. They are no longer SUPER FAST, but they usually seem to slightly increase the speed of their weapon swings, so they swing a good bit faster, but most dont notice.

• @Mashuu:

@lemonater47:

Yes, speed hackers are getting much more subtle. They are no longer SUPER FAST, but they usually seem to slightly increase the speed of their weapon swings, so they swing a good bit faster, but most dont notice.

Yep.

Also, OP, by MOA, I assume you mean MAA (man-at-arms)?

• @Hadron:

Yep.

Seriously Hadron cut down on your spam posts.

• @gregcau:

Seriously Hadron cut down on your spam posts.

They’re not spam posts, they’re here to support people’s ideas.
    Anyways, while it is mostly psychological, what I replied to was very true - and makes it very difficult to spot anybody who’s playing dishonestly.

• @Hadron:

@Mashuu:

@lemonater47:

Yep.

Also, OP, by MOA, I assume you mean MAA (man-at-arms)?

Thanks lol i guess i was thinking they was called Man of arms or something