Make it easier to host

• The other day when I wanted to introduce my friend to chiv without the chaos of a pub server, I was baffled to see that ‘create game’ was only a botmatch option.

I find this extremely disappointing. Please add menu options for hosting; maybe take a leaf out of Killing Floor even with its extensive variables, maplist options and easy to install mutators.

I honestly see this as a necessity of any multiplayer game in this format. I hope there are plans to include this functionality.

• This was suggested a while back, use the search function. As for your question, I think one of the mods said it was being considered.

• You again…

• @ser_morphine:

The other day when I wanted to introduce my friend to chiv without the chaos of a pub server, I was baffled to see that ‘create game’ was only a botmatch option.

I find this extremely disappointing. Please add menu options for hosting; maybe take a leaf out of Killing Floor even with its extensive variables, maplist options and easy to install mutators.

I honestly see this as a necessity of any multiplayer game in this format. I hope there are plans to include this functionality.

If your friend already bought the game, I created a small tutorial for someone asking about how to make a server. It is not stickied (yet…) but here is the link. /viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9191.
    It actually is fairly easy to do (just three alterations, on the .exe and the name and password of the server) and it will give you a dedicated server.

At least know that you’re not the only one wanting this in the game.

• @Nivve:

If your friend already bought the game, I created a small tutorial for someone asking about how to make a server. It is not stickied (yet…) but here is the link. /viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9191.
    It actually is fairly easy to do (just three alterations, on the .exe and the name and password of the server) and it will give you a dedicated server.

At least know that you’re not the only one wanting this in the game.

Thanks for that Nivve, after a bit of searching at the time I did use your guide and have been doing so since. It’s disappointing that there isn’t at least an official guide, so I appreciate your help.

• Ah well. the more this is asked on the forum the sooner some mod might have the good idea of taking action on it. At least I am glad it helped!

I do hope they will include the create game option soon, it is weird how you can only create bot games that way while every other game with the option in the main menu lets you create non-dedicated servers (Can’t think of the correct word…).