Conquest mode

• Hello there fellow brothers in arms,
    I thought about things that would give chivalry something new and exciting that players would enjoy and thought if we have sieges already in the form of team objective games and king of the hill style capture point matches , why not combine them and make something bigger. What im thinking of are big maps and with big I mean huge. 2 Castles one on each side of the map and a few captureable points inbetween them like a armory , farms or a siege workshop.
    Controlling those points would give a team slight bonuses along with a forward respawn point. Holding the siege workshop would obviously after a little while spawn siege weapons to assault the enemy castle to get in there and in the end slay the enemy leader/king like in the TO mode. Maps would be big and even with 64 people I’ve seen some servers run really stable so I dont think that would be a issue.
    When reading medieval warfare I simply think of epic battles, sieging castles, and the sounds of brave warriors proving their mettle and to be honest Chivalry does a great job there, the atmosphere is perfect.
    So what do you guys think?

• This sounds like it would be super cool, although it’s much too tall an order to implement just for a patch. Maybe this could be some sort of DLC in the future. In any case I volunteer to be a tester for this mode if Torn Banner starts developing it ;)

• Wouldn’t 64 players be a very low number for your proposal? If you want a battlefield of hollywood proportions (which is awesome!), you would need 64 players in current TO maps. If you have two castles and multiple objectives… 64 players is fine for a shooter, but would be very low for a melee game.
    I would actually think more in the lines of the battlegrounds map (with the farms) for 64 people. So two castles and objectives would be like 200 people or something 8-)

But I don’t think any server can make that happen…

You can simulate it more by having a siege map (granting defenders a huge advantage) and having 20 people versus 44 players with spawns very close to the action. This generates a constant stream of players attacking and the defenders just have to keep on fighting.
    Could do with 32/32 though…

• @Nivve:

You can simulate it more by having a siege map (granting defenders a huge advantage) and having 20 people versus 44 players with spawns very close to the action. This generates a constant stream of players attacking and the defenders just have to keep on fighting.

I like this. However, defending would give such a huge advantage, but they would all be archers, until the enemy takes down a wall or something.

• @Hadron:

@Nivve:

I like this. However, defending would give such a huge advantage, but they would all be archers, until the enemy takes down a wall or something.

That will depend on how you design the map.
    For example, if it is a hole in the wall, I don’t think all archer would be a good idea to stop the horde of knights with shield coming through the hole. But you are right it should be designed well to work ;)

• Like I said, the archers would all change to a different class immediately after a wall falls.

• siege mode is already suggested a lot.
    I still like it :D

hopefully, it will make it into the game once, because a defending/attacking a castle would be the true medieval experience. Nothing can beat that.