Ideas and questions: the bad and the ugly

• The good:
    This game is awesome! Good job guys.
    It’s visceral, gory, exciting, and FUN. The world has been needing a game like this for a long long time.

The bad and the ugly:
    The longsword hilt…why?
    This game is so dark and gritty, and pretty realistic as far as games go. The weapon and armor designs are awesome and fit right in. Except the longsword crossguard. Why did it have to be all fantasy-like? There is no crossguard ever existing that looks even close to this.
    The idea: take it out, replace with something that is not fantasy.

The norse sword…why?
    This is a stabbing weapon? All swords like this that have ever existed have been primarily slash-oriented blade types. The tips are described as “spatulate”…meaning slightly rounded…not meant to empathize a thrusting attack.
    The idea: either make it a slash-focused weapon OR replace it with an actual thrusting sword model.

With such a great and well-done game, its hard to look past these egregious oversights.
    My humble recommendations!

• This game is not ment to be historical. The hilt on the longsword is purely aesthetic, removing it or altering it simply because you don’t like it/concider it non-historical is a waste of time and resources.
    And the norse sword is a stabbing weapon, as far as I believe, simply for gameplay puroses, again, game is fictional not historical.

• @SharpshotSid:

This game is not ment to be historical. The hilt on the longsword is purely aesthetic, removing it or altering it simply because you don’t like it/concider it non-historical is a waste of time and resources.
    And the norse sword is a stabbing weapon, as far as I believe, simply for gameplay puroses, again, game is fictional not historical.

Yeah, I know its not meant to be historical…its has its own fictional setting and factions…but its so close to being historically pleasing…if it weren’t for these couple things. Everything in the game is believable, until you hit these snares.

So my question to the devs is…why? Why go to such great lengths and create such an awesome ambiance/atmosphere and then deviate so glaringly?

You’re right…its probably a waste of time and resources. In my mind, this game is so close to being perfect that adjusting these things (really, just putting in a different model for these two weapons) would be the cherry on top.

• I disagree with the statement that the game is far from perfect, IMO there is room for improvement, most of them technical and whatnot.

I do agree though that it’s close to being historically pleasing, however, there should also be room allowed for artistical interpetation and creativity not being limited to armour alone. And I also disagree with your saying that the two issues you stated earlier would deviate so glaringly. I did not notice them at all untill you brought them up, and even then I am not even phased by them.

Despite all that I respect your opinion.

/salute