Long Sword VS Sword of War

• For me, I’d like to use long sword because I’m comfortable using it.

• Meh, sometimes Sword of War takes like 5 hits to kill a knight. I prefer the Longsword most of the time, but if I’m fighting a quick enemy I may take the Sword of War because of its quick and damaging stab.

• @Oy:

Meh, sometimes Sword of War takes like 5 hits to kill a knight. I prefer the Longsword most of the time, but if I’m fighting a quick enemy I may take the Sword of War because of its quick and damaging stab.

If you aren’t stabbing or you are letting them regen it may take 5, but as long as you are primarily stabbing, it should never take more than 4 hits, and regularly 3 hits.

• I love the small extra range on the longsword. It often makes the difference between a miss and a hit on a dodging Maa. Also the messer is good, would be perfect with a better range (and likely op with a higher speed).

• Personally I think they are very similar, at least in my hands. I primarily use overheads and stabs, although that being said my experience with the SoW is relatively limited so I’m probably not the best person to ask. Not that you were asking.

I prefer the messer:) I love me some of that mousedragging and that crazy overhead.

• @Anonymoose:

@Oy:

Meh, sometimes Sword of War takes like 5 hits to kill a knight. I prefer the Longsword most of the time, but if I’m fighting a quick enemy I may take the Sword of War because of its quick and damaging stab.

If you aren’t stabbing or you are letting them regen it may take 5, but as long as you are primarily stabbing, it should never take more than 4 hits, and regularly 3 hits.

Yeah, but if you’re just running around stabbing everyone to death and spamming quick little stabs at people over and over, what do you do about feeling like a nooby twat? Wouldn’t that slowly drive you insane as it eats at your conscience every time you top the scoreboard, every time you go 10-0 in duel mode? Wouldn’t it draw from the well of your very soul, consuming your lust for easy kills and poisoning your morality to cause all those around you to consider you a “faggot spammer”? Wouldn’t it be funny if I took this even further than I have, to the point where we’re all balancing on the then precipice of insanity, like a tightrope walker on a line suspended by only a thread.

• @Oy:

@Anonymoose:

@Oy:

Yeah, but if you’re just running around stabbing everyone to death and spamming quick little stabs at people over and over, what do you do about feeling like a nooby twat? Wouldn’t that slowly drive you insane as it eats at your conscience every time you top the scoreboard, every time you go 10-0 in duel mode? Wouldn’t it draw from the well of your very soul, consuming your lust for easy kills and poisoning your morality to cause all those around you to consider you a “faggot spammer”? Wouldn’t it be funny if I took this even further than I have, to the point where we’re all balancing on the then precipice of insanity, like a tightrope walker on a line suspended by only a thread.

I tried, but I don’t get the point of this post. First, I don’t even use the sword of war. Also primarily stabbing does not mean one would only use stab. Primary makes it your go to attack, not the only attack. If you are 5 hitting knights you are doing it very wrong. If you want to start crying about only stabbing eating at your soul maybe you are playing the wrong game, as if I recall correctly the point of this game is to kill your enemy, and I sure as hell know that if it takes 4-5 attacks of one type to kill someone I am not going to be sitting there spamming the weak attack. I’ll pick the weapon that suites my preffered style of attack and use the strongest attack the most with a mix up of the other 2.

• @Anonymoose:

I tried, but I don’t get the point of this post. First, I don’t even use the sword of war. Also primarily stabbing does not mean one would only use stab. Primary makes it your go to attack, not the only attack. If you are 5 hitting knights you are doing it very wrong. If you want to start crying about only stabbing eating at your soul maybe you are playing the wrong game, as if I recall correctly the point of this game is to kill your enemy, and I sure as hell know that if it takes 4-5 attacks of one type to kill someone I am not going to be sitting there spamming the weak attack. I’ll pick the weapon that suites my preffered style of attack and use the strongest attack the most with a mix up of the other 2.

Lol, why are you getting mad? You accuse me of crying for what reason? I was just baked as shit, and decided to write some stupid dramatic paragraph of creative writing as an obvious joke, and you’ve taken it so seriously that you had to write your own paragraph of ‘serious rebuttals’ to some of what I said. Maybe you need to play another game for a while, or go make a wooden box or someshit to release your stress.

• @Oy:

@Anonymoose:

Lol, why are you getting mad? You accuse me of crying for what reason? I was just baked as shit, and decided to write some stupid dramatic paragraph of creative writing as an obvious joke, and you’ve taken it so seriously that you had to write your own paragraph of ‘serious rebuttals’ to some of what I said. Maybe you need to play another game for a while, or go make a wooden box or someshit to release your stress.

Because obviously typing a few words on a forum = nerd rage lol. takes me 1 minute to type that paragraph out, it really doesn’t matter to me. Looks like misinformation and I wanted to correct it. I guess everyone is crying nowadays when they type something longer than 1 sentence. Typing is hard so the more I type the more mad I am obviously, the new age of the internet.

• Int Moose, I read that guys paragraph in ten seconda, and that was all it took for me to recognize that he was just making an amusing post, he clearly did not at all intend to insult anyone, he was just making a funny. Perhaps my sense of humour is just more compatible with his, /shrug :p

Back on topic, the sword of war combos far faster than the longsword and thus is, in my opinion, superior, despite a (very slightly) shorter range.

Since knights cant use the MAA heater shield, I don’t even take 1H play with those into.consideration, if I want to one hand I use the norse sword or falchion, better situational choices both.

• @Anonymoose:

Because obviously typing a few words on a forum = nerd rage lol. takes me 1 minute to type that paragraph out, it really doesn’t matter to me. Looks like misinformation and I wanted to correct it. I guess everyone is crying nowadays when they type something longer than 1 sentence. Typing is hard so the more I type the more mad I am obviously, the new age of the internet.

This is exactly what you did to me. Remember, you’re the one who first brought the ‘crying’ thing into it, not me. Whatever double-standard makes you happy, go for it, it’s the new age of the internet.

• @Oy:

@Anonymoose:

This is exactly what you did to me. Remember, you’re the one who first brought the ‘crying’ thing into it, not me. Whatever double-standard makes you happy, go for it, it’s the new age of the internet.

You start by posting that sword of war takes 5 hits which is wrong so I corrected you, then in a quote of me you go on what looks to me like you are trying to troll my post and say I abuse stabbing, which I did not take as a joke. Quoting someone who corrects you with sarcasm annoyed me because you were wrong to begin with and seemed like you are just assuming I play that way and trolling.

Internet arguements always end up like this and it gets old, I was correcting your misinformation was all this started as.

• There is no counter attack (stab or otherwise) that I’ve seen besides perhaps a dagger or hatchet that is difficult to block on its own. If you mix in a fakeout in a scuffle by not counter attacking sometimes, it becomes a bit more tricky, but even then it’s not really that hard to defend against. Drags are much harder.

Just practice, your reflexes will improve in kind.

• @Anonymoose:

You start by posting that sword of war takes 5 hits which is wrong so I corrected you, then in a quote of me you go on what looks to me like you are trying to troll my post and say I abuse stabbing, which I did not take as a joke. Quoting someone who corrects you with sarcasm annoyed me because you were wrong to begin with and seemed like you are just assuming I play that way and trolling.

Internet arguements always end up like this and it gets old, I was correcting your misinformation was all this started as.

It’s nice that you missed the point of what I said entirely and interpreted it in a hostile manner, then started an argument which you then act as if you’re sick of. Also, the last word is mine, because if you respond to this then you’re fucked.

• Generally when I’m using the SOW, I 70+% of the time 2 hit Vanguards and 3 hit Knights.
    Most played attack strategy is alt swing first, if I land a hit, combo into a stab, but jump at the last second so it stabs them in the head. After that, depending on how the player reacts, I can either combo into an overhead, or wait for an opportune time for another slash.

The length of the SOW is quite deceiving sometimes, players back away but get nicked by the edge of the blade and go “Oh crap, didn’t know it was that long!”

• @Oy:

@Anonymoose:

It’s nice that you missed the point of what I said entirely and interpreted it in a hostile manner, then started an argument which you then act as if you’re sick of. Also, the last word is mine, because if you respond to this then you’re fucked.

The point of your sarcastic misinformation? Man you are lost. I like your previous insult that got deleted too. I’m the hostile one though obviously.

Lets recap the thread

People discussing strengths and weaknesses of each weapon.

Oy decides to post very incorrect info about stab damage.

I correct you.

You quote my post with a very sarcastic troll post expecting people who already think you are stupid to read with humor.

I quote your silly post with more of the actual truth of the damage and claim that IF (never said you were crying, you went there sir, I said if you want to) if you are crying about stabbing over and over maybe you are playing the wrong game.

More back and forth nonsense about the same crap with a massive influx of nerdrage building.

Then your honorable insult which was deleted. Good thing you aren’t mad or anything.

In the end you seem much more upset than I am even if you try to spin it the other way, and this has just been a way for me to kill free time at work so I thank you. And if you reply to me you lose, triple stamp no erasies. (I can say stupid things at the end of my post too!)

• This thread stinks. Nobody wants to read you two arguing page after page. Get back to the point at hand – LONGSWORD VS SWORD OF WAR.

• So anyway, like I was saying before moose started to have a gasm over having to be right, SoW was taking like 4-5 hits to kill knights when longsword does it in 3 reliably.

• @Oy:

So anyway, like I was saying before moose started to have a gasm over having to be right, SoW was taking like 4-5 hits to kill knights when longsword does it in 3 reliably.

I’ve never had to do 5 hits on a Knight with the SOW, unless they ran away enough to heal that extra little bit.
    Sometimes it’s 4 if I miss the stab to the head, but mostly it’s 3.

• @Oy:

So anyway, like I was saying before moose started to have a gasm over having to be right, SoW was taking like 4-5 hits to kill knights when longsword does it in 3 reliably.

do you even know how to stats?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … TZnc#gid=1

stab-overhand-stab kills Knights with bodyshots in 3 hits for both weapons
    except the SoW is able to do this .1 seconds faster thanks to it’s faster release and combo time

honestly I don’t know how anyone can say the Claymore or SoW are balanced when everything about them is better than the first tier