LMB-spammers legit or not?

• What do you think? Is LMB-spamming legit or do you see it as a form of cheating or ruining the game? Or is it just part of the game for you? There have been hundreds of posts about this matter, cast your vote and let’s see what the community thinks about it.

• LMB Spamming is very obviously an exploit of the exploit exploit exploit. It isn’t fair because exploit exploit new players exploit too easy exploit exploit. For these reasons it is overpowered and should be removed from the game and totally not because I’m bad and angry and can’t parry the most easily blocked attack in the game.

My answer is trains.

• Cheating? lol It’s working as intended.

If people want to slash, they can slash. I’m not sure what all the rage is about. If someone only spams LMB, how do you die to what you can easily predict? L2RMB.

• Slashing is legit. I’m just going to keep slashing at the perfect times at the perfect range and top the leaderboards in every TO game, until someone finally stops my slashing spree, at which point I’ll feint-slash that guy to kill him.

• Definitely gonna go with trains.

• LMB spam is very easy to counter. Parry, then use a fast attack like a stab. Even the slowest weapon in the game can get a stab in before somebody recovers from a parry. You might end up trading parries for a while, but at that point it’s just a matter of who has the most skill will win.

Seriously, if you are losing to LMB spam it is your own fault, and you need to learn to play better. Just parry and stab, parry and stab…

• LTP (learn to parry).

• “I don’t care if they do or not”

Though Maa’s seem to be the ones who can only combo LMB effectively from what I’ve seen, I get annoyed at some high ranking ones who can only do that, but I can counter them and show them there is more then one button to press… If my mood is my namesake I might whine to get them to try other things, mainly it’s my own team I don’t like running around thinking this is baseball… To each their own really.

• Definitely not an “Exploit”, how could it be? You click your mouse button twice and execute an attack that’s deliberately programmed in… :S

Yes those who do it and nothing else are silly, but it’s also a nice thing to let new players get into the game and deal some damage (alas, to their team mates too).

Otherwise I think people would be put off and never stick around and develop their combat skills to learn more.

As to dealing with it, learn to parry and/or kick, job done. :)

• I am an LMB spammer! With my primary weapon all I do is left click left click left click. I NEVER mousewheel up or down, and I never even right click. Ha!

I play archer :p

• Its a symptom of the servers, not the players.

The closer a game comes to the “Fiff” threshold, the worse it gets in terms of randomness, LMB performs best when you can no longer tell what on earth is going on.

• If you know what you’re doing and can utilize everything in your arsenal to defend yourself, then it’s really no problem. I get bothered once in a while when i’m fighting someone and a teammate runs along and lmb-spams me through his teammates body. Its hard to defend against those but i don’t let myself get in situations like that often. In other words…Trains.

• @JHoersten2:

Cheating? lol It’s working as intended.

If people want to slash, they can slash. I’m not sure what all the rage is about. If someone only spams LMB, how do you die to what you can easily predict? L2RMB.

What’s the difference from M1 spamming and Wheel Up spamming? Or Wheel Down Spamming?

As an Archer with a dagger, I’m almost always using the thrust attack… as a Knight with the “Hammer of Butthurt” I’m almost always using the wheel down attack… for me it depends on the weapon I’m using.

If all someone wants to do is use the M1 attack to the point of spamming… let em. They’re easy to counter.

• Is LMB-spamming legit or do you see it as a form of cheating or ruining the game?

Is blocking/parrying considered a form of cheating yet?

My answer is that it’s a part of the game, you can mash buttons in every game. It’s legit and I don’t get why people are complainign about it all the time and I don’t really care whether people spam or not, because when they do I can simply block/parry and counter-attack and punish mindless LMB-spam as it becomes plain obvious.

• Enemy is LMB spammers? YAY!!
    Allies are LMB spammers? BOO, get off my team, learn to assist!
    I like trains.

• they can kill me once and after that just block them once and its over.