When server list pops up game freezes



  • I took a 2 month break from the game and last night i wanted to play a game. Then when i clicked the server list the game freezes. I have to alt ctrl del to get out. Even the steam overlay doesn’t work. Task manager say that the game is responding but has no processes. Even after a redownload the game is the same. I can join on friends through steam but i cant view the server list at all or else my game freezes.



  • Still happening in the new update. I can run the game through UDK.exe but i dont see any servers.



  • forgot to put specs and stuff



  • no one seems to be helping me on this i dont know what to do.



  • Also experiencing this. I did have a workaround before the update, but not anymore :(



  • It is now the 11 and i still have not figured out what to do.

    EDIT: So i jsut opened the game minimized to see my computer process during the server list. I noticed that on core 3 it was running higher than the other cores and that it was constantly above 60%. The other cores are all about 20-40%. After letting the server list populate itself for 5 minutes, I can finally run the game like normal. That is until i press refresh on the server list. So it has something to do with the retrieving of the servers.



  • @blazefreak:

    forgot to put specs and stuff

    The Launch.log here shows that you played the game successfully during that time.

    @blazefreak:

    Still happening in the new update. I can run the game through UDK.exe but i dont see any servers.

    You’re not using Steam when you do that, so that’s probably why no servers show up.

    @blazefreak:

    It is now the 11 and i still have not figured out what to do.

    EDIT: So i jsut opened the game minimized to see my computer process during the server list. I noticed that on core 3 it was running higher than the other cores and that it was constantly above 60%. The other cores are all about 20-40%. After letting the server list populate itself for 5 minutes, I can finally run the game like normal. That is until i press refresh on the server list. So it has something to do with the retrieving of the servers.

    What if you lower the max pings per minute allowed through Steam settings? Steam -> Settings -> Downloads and Cloud tab.

    Also, are you running the latest drivers for your network card?



  • My motherboard drivers are at the most current and it does work slightly better now. It still freezes the game but instead of 30 some servers showing up it is now 4 servers. Filter is off.

    edit: the steam value thing was at 5000. I switched it to 1500 then 250. the freezing was not as bad at lower value but less servers popped up.



  • if you’ve already deleted/recreated the config file, verified your steam cache and it still crashes or w/e… do you have xfire? if so disable the in-game or turn it off. Also… my GPU after the update has been having problems with it’s otheriwse stable overclock for some reason in Chiv. My game crashed multiple times the other day but after i finally got down to turning my gpu settings down it worked fine. Games got some weird ass bugs that are like day to day right now. It almost feels like they are patching stuff and not telling us, but it’s breaking other things. I don’t understand sometimes how i can play fine one day and crash the next. Fortunately i’m pretty good at troubleshooting so i usually am back up and running in no time. But it’s been soooooo odd lately.



  • Not sure what to say here other than give my alternate server browser a try: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664


Log in to reply