YOU GOT YOURSELF TEAMKILLED

• According to most players teamkilling is always your fault but it can be forgiven if it is done accidentaly and infrequently. But I ran into a situation where neither of those statements applied. I was playing TO and ended up in a 1v1 with an enemy vanguard off in the corner of the map. During the duel a MAA on my team (who was on very low health) suddenly appeared out of nowhere, running directly infront of me as i was swinging. I was not fast enough to cancel the attack (he came into my screen after the swing had charged and was already in motion), and both he and the enemy vanguard went down with my swing. He went completely apesh*t at me, screaming that i was teamkilling and I got votekicked, even though it was the only teamkill I’d done that game.

Are you really always to blame when a teammate falls beneath your blade?

• @Ready:

Not always, but usually. If you can’t feint it you can sometimes divert the swing away. Also in group situations you probably shouldn’t be lmbing anyway, use stabs and overheads when teamates are around to avoid tking.

• Here’s my basic rule now regarding teamkilling: If I get teamkilled it’s because my teammate wasn’t paying attention. If I teamkill a teammate it’s because he wasn’t paying attention.

I also don’t complain about teamkills unless it’s intentional. It’s part of the game. I find it rather amusing actually. Some games are just so chaotic and fun with people killing as many teammates as enemies. I just don’t sweat it, unless intentional like I said.

• @Ready:

No, half the time I get teamkilled its my fault.

At least in the new update it will show you only have a small percentage of TK damage.

Not that many people know what the percentage mean (I do but ince had to explain to people that 80% was a TKer and so they switched their vote).

• His fault, don’t worry about it.

After the patch % team damage will be shown in votekicks, so you shouldn’t encounter such situations hopefully.

• It was totally his fault. It’s like an FPS where some newbie rushes in front of the stationary MG’s while they are firing and then complain that they got Tk-ed. They should have known better.

If he was smart, he would go round and attack the guy from behind at some degrees of the exact opposite of your position.
    If you had the stabby stick he wouldn’t get hit when it goes through the enemy and if you have a shorter weapon he would be farther away. Chances would be very slim for him to get TK-ed.
    And last but not least you would be able to see the MaA coming and take it into account.

He was just acting a little bit dumb, coming from behind a friend is asking for a tk especially as MaA, so no worries Pineapple. No blame whatsoever in my view ;)

(Same as with people trying to help 5 friends kill an enemy archer… Don’t go in there you know you will get teamhit/killed…)

• @BobT36:

His fault, don’t worry about it.

After the patch % team damage will be shown in votekicks, so you shouldn’t encounter such situations hopefully.

this is a very good info dude it should be share around the web dude. :o

• I was in a situation like this. I was being approached by a 3 guys. Luckily it was a narrow path and so they were not so aggressive as they knew I’d kill the first guy that came forward (they were bloody).

A Man at Arms with low HP behind me comes along and at that moment one of the enemies move close and I swing and I kill my teammate which I had no idea of being there and not even seeing as it was some-how off screen.

He thanks me sarcastically as if he has nothing to do with that.

Team kills are part of the game, I agree. If intentional like mentioned, then it’s wrong. If it’s by some reckless person, that I also would consider intentional, because he obviously isn’t that concerned and so is allowing it to happen.