Siege towers.

• The siege weapons in Chivalry are awesome. They are all fun to use and occasionally you might kill someone! But (in my opinion, mind you) the coolest, most interesting siege weapon ever desvised is the siege tower (or Belfry).

Something about a huge tower being pushed to a wall and making a more accessible and safer way up to the wall for soldiers is just really interesting, I think. I reckon that an team objective map using siege towers would be very fun. not only would you have the intensity of seeing huge wooden megaliths moving slowly but surely to the walls of your castle, the ramp dropping and claustrophobic wall combat could be exciting and fresh.

In short, I think siege towers in Chivalry would be a good idea.

• Technically Chivalry already has a siege tower, it’s just unused so far ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Technically Chivalry already has a siege tower, it’s just unused so far ;)

What do you mean? I haven’t seen any siege towers… or maybe I’m just a blind knave who cant detect the slightest non-literal reference.

• @SerFluffy:

@SlyGoat:

What do you mean? I haven’t seen any siege towers… or maybe I’m just a blind knave who cant detect the slightest non-literal reference.

Probably means they have a siege tower already made and ready for use, but it isn’t being used in any of the maps or scenarios atm. Sounds like they have one, just that they have yet to whip it out.

• I hope they use that tower for a Mount and Blade style siege map.

• What’s the tower like?

I was thinking a 4 decked backless tower. The top deck being the archer deck and the deck below that the boarding deck, with the door. The other two being climbing decks. Though you can have as many climbing decks as you want depending on how big the wall is.

And can the door be opened by a lever that someone pulls. Only avialible when the tower gets there of course. That slight bit of immersion with an animation. It would be really great. He lever releases the lock on the chain holding the door up so it falls and everyone rushes out. People could time it so it would be just right.

I have noticed with pushibles that body’s fall through them. For the simple reason that I they didn’t any body that got ran over would have a massive spasm underneath it. But If that happens with he tower it would be really weird. So you would need to do something about that.

• I don’t think anything in any other game could beat a good Siege Mode in Chivalry.

• @The:

I don’t think anything in any other game could beat a good Siege Mode in Chivalry.

No, no they really couldn’t. I support this post 120%.

• @The:

I don’t think anything in any other game could beat a good Siege Mode in Chivalry.

Yes, they basically need to do it comparable to Mount&Blade Warband…

• @SerFluffy:

@SlyGoat:

We’ve got a siege tower asset but it’s not used in any maps. Hasn’t been anywhere to put it.

Age of Chivalry (the Source mod that “became” Chivalry) had siege towers in several maps. In fact, the original cinematic trailer for AoC features the siege tower very prominently ;)

PqgwdxhbqsM

I forgot how badass that trailer was.

• Is the siege tower in medieval warfare made to be pushed?

The one in the trailer matched my description of how it should be.

• @lemonater47:

Is the siege tower in medieval warfare made to be pushed?

The one in the trailer matched my description of how it should be.

I think we can only ask the devs on that one, since the model does not actually exist in the game on any map made so far.

• @SlyGoat:

We’ve got a siege tower asset but it’s not used in any maps. Hasn’t been anywhere to put it.

Age of Chivalry (the Source mod that “became” Chivalry) had siege towers in several maps. In fact, the original cinematic trailer for AoC features the siege tower very prominently ;)

PqgwdxhbqsM

I forgot how badass that trailer was.

Yeah, it is.
    And I’ve never seen it before.

• but if it already exists…. then all that is needed is a special ‘siegemap’

me wants siegetower !

• A castle seige would be so cool. I imagine there could be both a tower and a ram for the gate, so two points of entry. Or, maybe you have to go up the tower(s), and then open the gate and bring in a ram for an inner gate. After that you assault the king.

• @Wolfram:

A castle seige would be so cool. I imagine there could be both a tower and a ram for the gate, so two points of entry. Or, maybe you have to go up the tower(s), and then open the gate and bring in a ram for an inner gate. After that you assault the king.

Don’t forget the filthy peasants who would be hiding in the city! :D

• @Wolfram:

A castle seige would be so cool. I imagine there could be both a tower and a ram for the gate, so two points of entry. Or, maybe you have to go up the tower(s), and then open the gate and bring in a ram for an inner gate. After that you assault the king.

Don’t forget the filthy peasants who would be hiding in the city! :D

• @Cheesus:

I hope they use that tower for a Mount and Blade style siege map.

This, oh god please this.

• @Lamarr:

@Cheesus:

I hope they use that tower for a Mount and Blade style siege map.

This, oh god please this.

Tibberius once mentioned an upcoming siege mode. But no idea what exaclty will it be like. Hopefully something like M&B with siege towers, ladders, breakable doors etc.

• In general siege weapons could feel a little less objective-focused and more gameplay-focused, as right now the siege weapons are objectives themselves. It would be really cool if the objective wasn’t “bring the siege weapon to the gate” but rather “take the castle, and use these neat siege weapons in whatever way you deem effective to do that”.