Keybinds switching LMB to overheadstrike? Range primary?

• Keybinds switching LMB to overheadstrike

I think there is a bunch of people that generally use the overhead strike as their primary strike vs the horizontal slash.

The LMB gives higher accuracy than the mouse wheel, and overhead strikes in general need more precision than a slash does, and it is also a more common attack.

The problem is that once you switch over your slash attack to mousewheeldown, you can’t hold down your ranged weapons such as bows and throwing axes. I tried putting LMB as the secondary of the slash attack as well as the primary for the overhead strike, and that seemed to work at first. However, when doing combos when I want to do a double overhead, it goes as overhead–>slash when I double click LMB.

Does anyone out there have a good solution to using LMB for ranged attacks, but keep it as overhead strike too? (I don’t want to use thumb button for ranged attacks either, that is just as inaccurate).

• ^this.

The only reason why I don’t have my stab on LMB

• This can be done if TB added editable config support. With those, you can change all manners of things, like changing sensitivity depending on what weapon you have selected, switching up keybinds in all matter of ways etc etc.

Actually, THERE IS! A quick search led me to this:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/co … e_complex/
    It seems pretty limited for the moment, but I’m sure that you can figure something out with this. I’ll try to experiment with this when I have the time and post the results here as a separate topic.

• Already solved.

Rebinding LMB without changing ranged primary:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8259

Use “GBA_AltFire” for overhead instead of “GBA_StartStab”.

Different mouse sensitivities for different weapons:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8306

• @ReMixx:

Already solved.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8259

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8306

Thank you ReMixx!

• @Almkrona:

@ReMixx:

Already solved.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8259

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8306

Thank you ReMixx!

Let me know if there’s anything else like that that you would like :)

• @ReMixx:

@Almkrona:

@ReMixx:

Already solved.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8259

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8306

Thank you ReMixx!

Let me know if there’s anything else like that that you would like :)

Hi remix, im not much of a programmer of any sort. How exactly am I suppose to use these codes, it looks like it only works for archer?

I don’t really understand the directions in the thread.
    In either case, I wish to have overhead as LMB, but still uses LMB for throwing axes as well as LMB for the bows when I use archers. It seems this stuff is only useful if you play archer only?

Also i’m not even sure how to use these lines, do I just add them as additional lines?

• @Flyingsquirrel:

Hi remix, im not much of a programmer of any sort. How exactly am I suppose to use these codes, it looks like it only works for archer?

I don’t really understand the directions in the thread.
    In either case, I wish to have overhead as LMB, but still uses LMB for throwing axes as well as LMB for the bows when I use archers. It seems this stuff is only useful if you play archer only?

Also i’m not even sure how to use these lines, do I just add them as additional lines?

Unfortunately those are if you only play archer. You might be able to do something if you hold another button down to differentiate it (like shift or alt).

Regardless, I’ve dropped a note to the devs to either give us if statements in console commands or at least move bows/xbows off of the same primary fire command as other weapons.