LAN mode and Sound "Killing Spree"

• **Hello Everyone !

I’d love to play with only couple friends, since it’s really hard to make a dedicated server (for while I hope) a LAN mode would be good aswell. We could play it through Hamachi for example. Would be really good to train and develop yourself, even more on the Duel mode that is coming soon.

Another thing, I think it would be really cool to add is those sounds from games like Unreal Tournament, Dota, League of Legendas, …: “first blood, double kill, triple kill…” This would be amazing, but for FFA and Last Team Standing mode only (Maybe Duel?).

What do you think?

Thank for this game!

• I like the LAN mode idea, but the idea of announcer sounds was brought up in another thread a while back - I have to say I don’t like it, but I will offer the same suggestion that was in the other post, i.e. your character starts to say special lines (inaccessible at any other time) about killing. Like, the Mason knight, after getting about 5 kills, should maybe say “BLOOOOOD! MOOOOOORE BLOOOOOOOOOD!!!”

• I think any sound effect after a kill, the first one, double, triple… a revange, a champion (5 kills without dying for example) would add some “blood seeking” on battles (FFA, LTS, Duel) and a kind of “glory” for those who manage them.

• Peoply already place too much emphasis on kills. See all the whining on “kill-stealing” and weapon unlocks. Unreal-style killing spree samples would just fuel that.
    Players need to learn what teamplay is.

• @carrion:

Peoply already place too much emphasis on kills. See all the whining on “kill-stealing” and weapon unlocks. Unreal-style killing spree samples would just fuel that.
    Players need to learn what teamplay is.

Look, in FFA, LTS it doesn’t matter, especially in Dueling. So I like the ideas I found. The announcer sounds would be just silly, though.

• @Hadron:

Look, in FFA, LTS it doesn’t matter, especially in Dueling. So I like the ideas I found. The announcer sounds would be just silly, though.

Undenieably true. ;)
    I guess an automated “yay, you’re great” sample could work, but i personally prefer the stuff that players do themselfes situationally.

• @carrion:

@Hadron:

Undenieably true. ;)
    I guess an automated “yay, you’re great” sample could work, but i personally prefer the stuff that players do themselfes situationally.

I like the character voices a great deal more.

• @Hadron:

I like the character voices a great deal more.

we’re in agreement, then. :)

• @Hadron:

I like the LAN mode idea, but the idea of announcer sounds was brought up in another thread a while back - I have to say I don’t like it, but I will offer the same suggestion that was in the other post, i.e. your character starts to say special lines (inaccessible at any other time) about killing. Like, the Mason knight, after getting about 5 kills, should maybe say “BLOOOOOD! MOOOOOORE BLOOOOOOOOOD!!!”

You’re in my head!!! Aaaaah!!!

• @AngryDave:

@Hadron:

I like the LAN mode idea, but the idea of announcer sounds was brought up in another thread a while back - I have to say I don’t like it, but I will offer the same suggestion that was in the other post, i.e. your character starts to say special lines (inaccessible at any other time) about killing. Like, the Mason knight, after getting about 5 kills, should maybe say “BLOOOOOD! MOOOOOORE BLOOOOOOOOOD!!!”

You’re in my head!!! Aaaaah!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA

• Too arcadey, too many games have all the “HEADSHOOOOOOT”, and all the crap popping up allover the place, don’t think it would fit Chiv.

However if it was something entirely custom that could be modded in to private servers, fine with that.

• O, on the contrary. It would fit in very nicely into Chiv. However not as an announcer, but as an added voice line for each class and side, as was mentioned above. It triggers 50% of the time someone reaches a kill streak. That would be grand indeed.