The Maul

• I LOVE this weapon. But, I get destroyed when using it. I can’t seem to get the timing right with the slow speed. I’ve watched videos by Criken, and he seems to use it with both ease and swiftness. It looks so fluid and fast when he uses it. Do you all have any advice/tips for this weapon?

Thanks in advance!

• You should check out this post. A lot of maul info.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=8502

• Thanks, ChuckingIt! Looks like you got to this post before I did… :lol:

Sir Daeryn, if you have any questions about the maul, feel free to PM me and I’ll do my best to help out!

• There you are, i was wondering when you’d respond to this thread :P almost started getting worried :P

• thank you, that was very helpful! I’ll keep practicing. It’s extremely satisfying when you have a good run with this weapon.

• Posted an update in that thread about how Criken fights with it, give his vids a watch and look at how he moves and swings. :)

• I could beat Criken :k1:

• @Slaughtervomit:

I could beat Criken :k1:

I’d actually love to see that Duel.

Challenge him! 8-)

• Maybe someday ;)

• Seems that Criken is using 3rd person only? Is this just his preference or does it give a huge advantage when using this beautiful hammer?

• @NIB:

Seems that Criken is using 3rd person only? Is this just his preference or does it give a huge advantage when using this beautiful hammer?

Personally I have an easier time landing overheads on people in 3rd person rather than first because I have a better perspective on how they’re moving

• @SharpshotSid:

@NIB:

Seems that Criken is using 3rd person only? Is this just his preference or does it give a huge advantage when using this beautiful hammer?

Personally I have an easier time landing overheads on people in 3rd person rather than first because I have a better perspective on how they’re moving

I’m gonna give that a try, i’ve never actaully played in thrid person before :P

• So MAA’s can no longer be one shotted in torso by maul, is this horizontal swing only?

Feels like an indirect nerf to maul which I strongly disapprove of.

If anything, maul should one shot anyone in the head and all classes except knight in body. (Overhead swings, of course)

• @Slaughtervomit:

So MAA’s can no longer be one shotted in torso by maul, is this horizontal swing only?

If anything, maul should one shot anyone in the head and all classes except knight in body. (Overhead swings, of course)

Overhead headshot oneshots MAA. Overhead torso does not, swing headshot does not. Seems fine to me.

• getting a little better with it now and OMG i love this thing. I basically run around spamming the Mason laugh the whole time. Makes me feel like Robert Baratheon lol

• @Daiyuki:

@Slaughtervomit:

So MAA’s can no longer be one shotted in torso by maul, is this horizontal swing only?

Overhead headshot oneshots MAA. Overhead torso does not, swing headshot does not. Seems fine to me.

Of course it seems fine to you. You play MAA primarily. It’s even in your sig.

I’m saying if you’re good/lucky enough to land an overhead on MAA with the maul, it should be a one shot. Horizontal swing, not so sure, but whatever I rarely use those.