Playing well. Kicked for "hacking".

• So today is the first time I’ve ever been kicked off a server in any game because I was playing so well I was accused of hacking. I was poking my way around with the spear, playing rather cautiously because I’m new, and before I even realize it I’m on the top of the scoreboard with 20 something kills and only a couple deaths. Then some guy, on my own team no less, accuses me of hacking and other people start to chime in and agree and just like that I’m votekicked.

I just picked this up over the weekend and I’m honestly confused. Does this kind of thing happen often? Is this community really THAT immature? Anyone else have a similar experience?

• @kupo:

So today is the first time I’ve ever been kicked off a server in any game because I was playing so well I was accused of hacking. I was poking my way around with the spear, playing rather cautiously because I’m new, and before I even realize it I’m on the top of the scoreboard with 20 something kills and only a couple deaths. Then some guy, on my own team no less, accuses me of hacking and other people start to chime in and agree and just like that I’m votekicked.

I just picked this up over the weekend and I’m honestly confused. Does this kind of thing happen often? Is this community really THAT immature? Anyone else have a similar experience?

Unnecessary votekicks do happen. In my opinion it doesn’t happen often enough to generalize the community as immature. The upcoming patch will address things to curb votekick abuse. Just keep at it and don’t be discouraged by this occurrence. In my 320+ hours of play, people have tried to votekick me between 3-5 times. Really not that bad IMO.

• Whether it’s a madmin on a private server, or a votekick on an official server… it’s really annoying.

• @Shara:

Whether it’s a madmin on a private server, or a votekick on an official server… it’s really annoying.

What about a madmin on an official server?

stole smiley from Bob

• An OMG!1CHEETA! votekick is a sigil of personal awesomeness and should be treated as such. Proceed to the next noob-riddled server with your head held high! ;)

• @ChuckingIt:

What about a madmin on an official server?

Never had one on there, so far. I hope it stays that way. :X
    But I hope the new votekicking will help to avoid getting randomly rage-votekicked.

• to the new guys:

it happens all the time, always have to find another server. It’s just how it :(

• @Ronin_Warder:

to the new guys:

it happens all the time, always have to find another server. It’s just how it :(

Yeah, there are like thousand threads about unfair kicking. We get it.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Yeah, there are like thousand threads about unfair kicking. We get it.

^this.

Also, any player who does cheat obviously denies it… I had a guy on my server earlier who could out-sprint me from spawn with the same class by double, but still tried to convince us that he was not. It’s ridiculous.

All in all, we don’t care if and why you were kicked. Stop cluttering the forums with it and deal.

• I’ve only been accused of hacking twice so far…. not vote kicked for it yet though, as I usually reply "If you think I’m hacking, spectate me to see what I am doing, otherwise STFU and suffer"

I’ve been lucky enough to have other players of a similar level as I defend me.

The problem I have been experiencing in the last few days are on games.on.net #01, 02, 03, etc. servers…. I’d join a server with a handful of players to help populate and in less than 30 seconds, I get a vote kick right away with no warning or explanation as to why… it happened three times in a row last night actually. Typically it’s about 75% of the time whenever I join those servers at any given time that I get kicked right away.

Have I been called a cheater or is it because my level is a bit higher than theirs… or are they just antisocial? Who knows

Frigg’n annoying… it’d be nice if there were some useful admins running their servers to regulate these ass clowns… if they want to play with their own little group of buddies, get a password server or all go on one server… don’t spread around all the servers and hog them like you’re something special.

People like that make me want to punch a kitten.