Lefties

• Good afternoon,

You could make the warrior fought with his left hand, it would be nice.

Greetings.

• Random guy is random. Anyways, with the new patch, if you press Alt during an attack windup, he’ll do a strike from the alternate direction. I know you said you want to make him fight with his left hand, but this would require a lot of new animations, as well as screwing up a lot of people playing.

• It would just need a player model reverting, which unreal engine supports, so its easy.

• There is a bug in the beta with the battle cry and polearms.

When you push “c” stationary with a pole arm the first person character model will suddenly reverse and he will twirl it to the left side.

In third person it still looks as though its on the right side.

• @Hadron:

…… I know you said you want to make him fight with his left hand, but this would require a lot of new animations, as well as screwing up a lot of people playing.

Just need to mirror the models and textures…. it’s been done plenty of times in the UE2 engine and games, shouldn’t be an issue for the UE3.

And in regards to screwing up a lot of people playing?

Too bad for them… They’ll just have to keep their eyes on the game a bit better. I doubt people complained about left handers in the battlefield… then again, most lefties back then were seen as the sign of the devil and killed or tortured, so…

I’m left handed, mostly… but I hold melee weapons right handed.

I aim firearms left handed, I write/draw left handed, but the very odd thing is that when I play a Goalie in Hockey, I block with my left hand and catch with my right, yet playing baseball, I catch with my left hand and throw with my right, and I can’t switch the two. :|

• As a Right-handed, I think I would be very uneasy being forced to play a Lefty.
    So I would completely understand if Lefties felt the need to have a Left-handed character.
    Plus it would add some more depth to the game, we kinda always expect the enemy to strike from the left when he’s right-handed.

• Left handed people have been proven to be the offspring of the devil. I doubt any of the factions would allow them in their ranks.