Wacky Server Settings - Come try it out

• In my quest to alleviate boredom from the same old Chivalry grind, I altered my server to have a bit of fun (tested with a few friends first, of course).

End result: One Hit Kills & Class Perks! (Which also is the server name)

-Archer: 10 hp, no projectiles, movement boost - super quick around the battlefield.
    -MAA: 10 hp, faster dodging, no dodge stamina cost.
    -Vanguard: 10 hp, 3x normal jump height.
    -Knight: 40 hp - takes 2 hits instead of 1.

Remember, the base idea was 1 hit kills. We decided that a sword to the face should mean death, not 4 hits to do the job. Since a sole hit to any of the classes threw knights under the bus, a few exaggerations of skills were thought up. In no way is this a “serious” server, nor am I touting balance and equality for competitive game play. Just something new & fun to do, since we don’t have modding capabilities yet.

Come shoot it a try sometime; bring some friends, the server may be empty. Oh, and save the rage about team kills & 1 shots. Not interested in the least.

Click here to join!

• @JHoersten2:

Hahaha, oh wow. I have to see this.

• Great idea

• @SlyGoat:

@JHoersten2:

Hahaha, oh wow. I have to see this.

Sounds like some of the low gravity servers I accidentally stumbled onto a week or so ago…

I HATE LOW GRAV SERVERS!!! :h1: In any game.

Good luck with your server. I’m sure there will be a number of people who’d enjoy trying those tweaks out…. but not me.

I like my video games the way I like my food… just as it is served. I don’t need to add sauces or spices or anything else. I’m there to enjoy the food as it was served and as the chef intended. If I don’t like the food, I won’t eat it again.

I like what Chivalry is dishing up.

But to each their own of course… this is just me.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

I like my video games the way I like my food…. just as it is served.

I just prefer not to eat the same meal day after day until I grow sick of it and never touch it again.

• Sounds like a blast! I think we need more servers like this, totally whacky and different.

• The 3x jumping thing for vanguard isn’t working too well, I jumped once and I died from impact (jumping from elevated positions, jumping on normal elevations work fine), was this supposed to happen?

• @Kipper:

The 3x jumping thing for vanguard isn’t working too well, I jumped once and I died from impact (jumping from elevated positions, jumping on normal elevations work fine), was this supposed to happen?

Yea, you still get falling damage.

I’ve been gradually lowering jump height throughout the day, trying to find a sweet spot where the fall doesn’t kill you.