[VG] Of Spears And Stabbing

• Salutations, dear bretheren! Ser Fluffy the Bold is here to educate you aspiring spearmen!
    For convieniences sake I shalt only be speaking of the spear, not the fork or the atrociously queer Brandistock.

Of Movement

Moving as a spearman shalt be swift but steady. Do not charge the enemy unless thou lands the Vanguards special attack. If thou cannot complete that, stop sprinting before the enemy and…

Of Blocking

…block. The enemy will almost certainly swing at you, hoping to knock thou off your guard. If they halt and don’t swing, dont block, for in the period in which thy lowers your weapon, they shalt strike thee.

Of Stabbing

Thou shalt mousewheel down. Always. If thou cannot then thou shalt mousewheel up. Never swing with the spear, as it is of low damage. Unless…

Of Fleeing Murder

When (if) the enemy turns and begins his flight, then swing. If thou misses, chase after him and poke him in the back. The enemy will be sprinting thus will not be regenerating health. Murder the vile fleeing pigs.

Of Conclusion

With all being said and (I hope) about to be done, I bid you, my apprentice spearmen, adieu.

• Since I couldn’t do much else here I thought I’d just spice it up a bit, if that’s ok with you!

@SerFluffy:

Sup, bitch! Unit 1_262 is here speaking for Ser Fluffy the Bold to teach the fuck out of you psychotic sharp-object grasping motherfuckers! I’m tired today, so I’m only going over that normal spear (With the spearhead on it), not the fork (Does it look like we’re eating here?) or that motherfucker by the name of Brandistock. (Because I don’t fucking feel like it.)

Of Movement

Moving as a spearman is pretty much going to be fast as hell, and going to fuck shit up. Do not charge the enemy unless you know what the solid fuck you’re doing, and can hit with the Vanguards special attack. If to dumb to do that, stop right the fuck before the enemy and…

Of Blocking

block the clean fuck out of his strike. The enemy will almost certainly swing at you, hoping to knock your sorry ass off guard. If they pussy out and cancel, dont block, Cause they be setting your ass up, and will give you a straight foward fucking.

Of Stabbing

Move that finger onto the mousewheel, and force that shit down. Always. If you have some fucked up disorder in your hand, instead go up. Never swing with the spear, cause it’s fuckin’ pathetic. Unless…

Of Fleeing Murder

When the enemy flees like a bitch, then swing. If you miss, chase after him and poke the living shit out of him. The enemy will be sprinting and unable to regenerating health.
    FUCK HIS SHIT UP!

Of Conclusion

In conclusion, you can, and will, deal some serious damage out there you little motherfuckers!
    Now go fuck some shit up!

Thank you, thank you very much! 8-)

• @Unit:

Since I couldn’t do much else here I thought I’d just spice it up a bit, if that’s ok with you!

@SerFluffy:

Sup, bitch! Unit 1_262 is here speaking for Ser Fluffy the Bold to teach the fuck out of you psychotic sharp-object grasping motherfuckers! I’m tired today, so I’m only going over that normal spear (With the spearhead on it), not the fork (Does it look like we’re eating here?) or that motherfucker by the name of Brandistock. (Because I don’t fucking feel like it.)

Of Movement

Moving as a spearman is pretty much going to be fast as hell, and going to fuck shit up. Do not charge the enemy unless you know what the solid fuck you’re doing, and can hit with the Vanguards special attack. If to dumb to do that, stop right the fuck before the enemy and…

Of Blocking

block the clean fuck out of his strike. The enemy will almost certainly swing at you, hoping to knock your sorry ass off guard. If they pussy out and cancel, dont block, Cause they be setting your ass up, and will give you a straight foward fucking.

Of Stabbing

Move that finger onto the mousewheel, and force that shit down. Always. If you have some fucked up disorder in your hand, instead go up. Never swing with the spear, cause it’s fuckin’ pathetic. Unless…

Of Fleeing Murder

When the enemy flees like a bitch, then swing. If you miss, chase after him and poke the living shit out of him. The enemy will be sprinting and unable to regenerating health.
    FUCK HIS SHIT UP!

Of Conclusion

In conclusion, you can, and will, deal some serious damage out there you little motherfuckers!
    Now go fuck some shit up!

Thank you, thank you very much! 8-)

I found your response to my combative tutorial paper most amusing. I thank thee.

• [subscript:3lah1a66]I LAUGHED MY ASS OOOOOOOFFFFFF[/subscript:3lah1a66]

• What is the easiest way to create some space between you and the enemy when he is to close and what is the absolute best thing to do that creates the biggest gap and do the most damage when they are trying to overwhelm you upclose.

Btw: Compared to the fast-stab, how much damage does a swing with a spear deal?

Any good strategic tip of when to throw a smoke and how to use it to your advantage would be greatly appreciated aswell as answers to my other questions :)

• Not OP, but the swing deals 40 blunt damage, the quicker stab deals 60 pierce damage, and the long, slow lunge deals 70 pierce damage. In general that makes the Swing not worth using, unless they’re so low that it’ll be a killing blow.

Dealing with face huggers is pretty difficult with the spear, which is one reason why it’s not the best dueling weapon. In general you want to try to avoid the situation in the first place, by constantly backpedaling while throwing out lunges to create knockback, but even then, the speed difference between sprinting and backpedaling is too much to last for long. Kicking can help, I suppose. And so can sprinting away from the enemy, but if they’re already too close to you then it won’t do any good.

Smoke pots are pretty great now that you get 2, just throw them in either a chokepoint or where the archers are standing. I feel that if you have good accuracy that throwing knives will help you deal with individual archers more easily, whereas smoke pots are better at disrupting multiple archers.

• You forgot to mention that the most obvious of weaknesses a spear has (enemies getting past the point of the weapon) is non existent in this game. :|

• Use the brandistock because the strange animation is gonna fuck people up.

• HELP MEH PLS!!!

how do you use the spear to get past shields, I am getting my ass kicked on duels mainly from shield users, what to do???

• @eggbean:

HELP MEH PLS!!!

how do you use the spear to get past shields, I am getting my ass kicked on duels mainly from shield users, what to do???

Facehug them and 75% chance your spear will glitch through the shield.

• @DokB:

@eggbean:

HELP MEH PLS!!!

that don’t work well with spears, the spears strongest attack is the poke yet when face hugging only a swing can really penetrate shields, and the spear doesn’t do that well

• @eggbean:

@DokB:

@eggbean:

HELP MEH PLS!!!

that don’t work well with spears, the spears strongest attack is the poke yet when face hugging only a swing can really penetrate shields, and the spear doesn’t do that well

No, this is exactly what I mean. You face hug them. You poke them, your spear hits super fast because they’re closer to the release of the weapon AND they’re too close to accurately look at the weapon point because the spear point will be through their viewmodel.

• @DokB:

@eggbean:

@DokB:

No, this is exactly what I mean. You face hug them. You poke them, your spear hits super fast because they’re closer to the release of the weapon AND they’re too close to accurately look at the weapon point because the spear point will be through their viewmodel.

I can tell you know, after testing that it doesn’t work especially against tower shields

and if the person is competent with a shield, they can easily aim for your block :(

• There is a mistake in the first post regarding always using mousewheeldown. The long poke.

The long poke is great damage, great range and is slow. Being slow is not a weakness when combined with the faster mousewheelup, shorter, faster poker.

When you poke twice with the long poke, the enemy will be accustomed to the timing needed to parry that attack, so they see the animation start to wind up and they think, ‘sweet, I’ve already parried that twice, this will be salidhajfdlkj;adslkjf!’ as they are poked with the faster poke.

The opposite is also true, poke twice with the fast poke, then use the slow to mix up the timing. It doesn’t always work, however it is great to keep your opponent on their toes.

Also with the swing, it is useful after an extended fight as your opponent isn’t usually expecting the awful swing of the spear and can often fail to parry it.

In FFA remember that your long slow poke can go through multiple people ;)

• @eggbean:

HELP MEH PLS!!!

Use your secondary weapon.