Corpses and idea for a new mode

• Hello. First i must say. Damm good job. Its a big step forward from Age of Chivalry. Audio-video is great. Medieval war is properly atmospheric and brutal. Melee fighting in Chivalry is the best i saw in mp game.

Here are my ideas:

In last mand standing mode, corpses should stay on ground for a whole round.

In other mods after while corpses could change into low-res, low polygon rotten corpses and so they could stay longer without big performance impact.

And now for the new mode. My favourite ones are Objectives and Last mand standing. How about to combine them? Objective mode with only one life for every player? There could be lets say 3 attempts for attacking team for every round. This would need some balance but i dont see why it could not work.

Please let me know what do you thing about it.

• Well an option to change blood decal length and ragdoll length is coming in the patch so you can have corpses remain for much longer if your PC can handle that many ragdolls.

But I do like the idea of them becoming static low-poly corpses as a way of reducing performance impact.

• @AngryDave:

Well an option to change blood decal length and ragdoll length is coming in the patch so you can have corpses remain for much longer if your PC can handle that many ragdolls.

But I do like the idea of them becoming static low-poly corpses as a way of reducing performance impact.

I also agree on, and support, this.

• Wouldn’t it be enough to remove the ragdoll physics after 10 seconds or so? Don’t know if they require much effort to compute if there is no movement in the bones though, but at the very least it should free some memory. Point is, i like my corpses shiny and high-poly. ;)