Improve In-game Voice Communication

• Wasent sure wither to post this into the ideas and suggestions or the general discussion, I suppose a suggestion would be to say add team comms like CS or aa3; but more to the faarrr more important matter, are you going to fix the quality?

As it stands, the in game voice comms are atrocious, even with a properly calibrated mic, it comes out so sharply garbled its painfull, i havent seen audio so bad in comms since when they started doing it in the first counterstrike.

I know cs source had acceptable voip, not great like some of the ones that use ts3, but ok none the less. So its possible to do decent voip over steam, but as it stands its goddddd awfull.

With decent comms, the game would be much more fun, being able to yell insults and agknowlegments in real time, rather than type them, I mean, thats a given. Team comms would allow for coordination, also a given, which given that a lot of this game has a tactical nature, would be nice.

Yhea you can use Teamspeak or ventrillo, but that realy only reaches the players you know, or whatnot, and it just makes sense that you should be able to fluidly comunicate with everyone.

Anyhow, just woundering if that was somthing they were working on. I know a lot of the (super gay ass) console ports dont even bother, but given that this isnt that, and allready we are seeing a whole level of support I figure mabey this just might be a glitch they havent had the time to work out, and isnt something they actualy indended.

• That’s a whole lot of question marks you’ve got there.

Were they having a sale down at Walmart?

• I really hope you’re not wanting this just to squeal childish insults down the mic… :P

As to Voice Com quality, I’m sure it’s something they’d like to improve over time, but isn’t really a priority. They could have easily released the game without it at all.

It’s not as good as Counter-Strike Source’s VOIP because that was made by Valve, this was made by two Programmers of which this is their first ever game… Unsure how much of it was inbuilt into the Unreal engine already though.

• I really hope you’re not wanting this just to squeal childish insults down the mic…

If someone tries to make a trouble using the microphone you can simply mute him.

As it stands, the in game voice comms are atrocious, even with a properly calibrated mic, it comes out so sharply garbled its painfull, i havent seen audio so bad in comms since when they started doing it in the first counterstrike.

Are you sure the problem isn’t appearing because it’s the people who don’t know how to set their microphones properly? I can check out my microphone setup via Steam voice management, but I am not certain if everyone else knows this.

Bigger issue is that I think I can hear what the opposing team is speaking through the VOIP. Is it tied to the actual 3D environment (the closer I am to the source, the better the voice is and I can hear anyone talking as far as I am close enough)?

I don’t mind it too much as the in-game communication menuses are good enough for me to say what I want to say without the need to use the microphone.

• I agree, the game needs team comms, and while im sure a lot of people simple dont know how to use the mics, the ingame mics are painfull to hear, they drop audio like a motherfer and bleed all over the place, i can talk to a buddie on ts which is crystal clear, and talk to him ingame which is like robosound rape (no offence, for real, this game is AMAIZING, just a few issues like this to work out.)

Steam comms, which are what this game uses, wouldent have been developed more like implemented, unless my understanding is skewed on that. Ive allways wanted to see what true comm implementation would do for team play and they kinda tried in planetside 2, but all in all most games that have comms work through a third party voip service.

It makes perfect sense this would use steams comms, it is a steam game, but it would be nice if the quality on the transmision was improved to the point of usability.

Usability, beyond yelling insults btw, cause rightnow thats all its good for, you cant be tacticle about anything a cause of the global(though you know, thats not the end of the world) and b cause you can barely understand anyhting anyone is saying.

Now I have a good desktop mic, its clear and precise as it needs to be, but if my mic plays back misrably in game, you can imagine what it sounds like when people with poor headset mics try and talk.