My two cents on archers

• I just started playing this game. Really really enjoying it. The only major gripe I have about it, is the Archers. I understand the game needs archers and archers have a difficult job, it is VERY hard to hit ppl.( for me anyway)

But, the problem is, when you can FINALLY close the distant on an archer as a melee 2h class. They whip out the tiny lil dagger and they are almost just as dangerous. I like the 2 handed heavy weapons and I just dont think an archer should be able to block an incoming strike from a warhammer. They parry it with ease, and I find that unsettling.

And it almost forces you to play a sword and shield person , just to have deal with the constant archering. Really makes it difficult to want to play a 2h melee. (which I wanna do, and I will continue to do, but the archers have their way with me)

Anyone else feel this way?

FOR THOSE THAT DONT WANNA READ ALL THAT … BASIC JIST…
    I dont think archers should be able to block 2h melee , specially the warhammer, with the amount of ease they have now. They parry it like no problem.

Possible solution… Make that tiny dagger break after 3 or 4 parries from a big 2h weapon or something. :)

Thanks

• Ive replied to a similar thread already i’ll just copy my post over:

@Steel:

Don’t forget it may be hard or impossible to full on block a big hammer with a dagger, BUT not all parrying is a block. You could definitely guide or redirect momentum to not get hit. For example, if a maul is coming down at you all the force is going downward, it would be extremely hard or impossible to just stop it’s momentum with a small dagger. But it wouldn’t take much force to knock or push his swing a little to the side as its coming down. Same with a stab coming at you, ever watch a sword fighter defend against a stab? they don’t try to pinpoint block it, they swat it to the side, since all the momentum is coming at them, it doesn’t take a ton of strength to redirect it.

Not to mention misdirecting your swing would probably make you stumble a lot more than just being blocked, giving said archer even more of an opportunity to stick you a few times in the ribs.

Basically, a lot of the time, parrying is misdirection of momentum (rather than stopping it) which is very possible with a dagger even to a big weapon.

• @Steel:

Ive replied to a similar thread already i’ll just copy my post over:

@Steel Fury:

Don’t forget it may be hard or impossible to full on block a big hammer with a dagger, BUT not all parrying is a block. You could definitely guide or redirect momentum to not get hit. For example, if a maul is coming down at you all the force is going downward, it would be extremely hard or impossible to just stop it’s momentum with a small dagger. But it wouldn’t take much force to knock or push his swing a little to the side as its coming down. Same with a stab coming at you, ever watch a sword fighter defend against a stab? they don’t try to pinpoint block it, they swat it to the side, since all the momentum is coming at them, it doesn’t take a ton of strength to redirect it.

Not to mention misdirecting your swing would probably make you stumble a lot more than just being blocked, giving said archer even more of an opportunity to stick you a few times in the ribs.

Basically, a lot of the time, parrying is misdirection of momentum (rather than stopping it) which is very possible with a dagger even to a big weapon.

Well put! I totally can agree with that. But, I suppose with the animations and certain body positions and situations, could be lag could be the fact that its a GAME lol Just in certain times I find myself yelling COME ON!!! When it appears that I’m gonna bludgeon the head of this archer with a leaping overhead strike and his lil dagger pops up and ruins everything! lol :)

• @Pantius:

Well put! I totally can agree with that. But, I suppose with the animations and certain body positions and situations, could be lag could be the fact that its a GAME lol Just in certain times I find myself yelling COME ON!!! When it appears that I’m gonna bludgeon the head of this archer with a leaping overhead strike and his lil dagger pops up and ruins everything! lol :)

Yeah the animations don’t really reinforce my post, but I just look past it I guess, knowing that that’s how parrying works lol.

• @Steel:

@Pantius Removius:

Yeah the animations don’t really reinforce my post, but I just look past it I guess, knowing that that’s how parrying works lol.

indeed :)