New Server Browser

• Wow, I am impressed.

How could they make the server browser even worse.

Takes forever to fail to find servers - except for a couple.

• It lags more now…

tremendously more. :/

• @Herkulades:

It lags more now…

tremendously more. :/

I noticed that too. Quite disappointing.

• My music lags now like hell while loading servers.

• i dont even see our server listed, guess that bug wasnt fixed, but other than that…

• I don’t have these problems. The server browser works even better for me and the only lag I feel are because of the server I’m playing on.

• I would venture a guess that not all the servers are updated and that takes times over the next day or two. So far the new server browser is the only thing that seems to working as it should. Still testing though.

• @Almkrona:

the only lag I feel are because of the server I’m playing on.

I see considerably more lag than every before - very noticeable. Its not due to specific servers, see it all the time across many official servers.

• I’m not having any problems with the server browser, and it only does a quick lag blip or something while searching for servers, not that big of a problem. Works fine for me.

• It’s still just as bad as it was before. GG.

• Haven’t had any problems… Get a better computer? I don’t know, never had any issues, throughout beta or now. Maybe you have no patience

• @Daiyuki:

Haven’t had any problems… Get a better computer? I don’t know, never had any issues, throughout beta or now. Maybe you have no patience

better computer lol… how about you get a better brain

• Server refresh has a little counter on the bottom right corner. It generally counts down from 20, then the list appears. I have had 0 problems with it. Not sure what more to say about it.

• In my experience the first 8 or so seconds is what’s really laggy and then slowly stabilizes itself. It’s tough to move the mouse around and select something as it gets jumpy. That’s just how it is for me.

And to the poster who said get a new computer; is that a joke? One of the most irritating things about any online game is when someone says, even after MULTIPLE people report the same problem, “It doesn’t happen to me so that means there is nothing wrong and it has to be your computer”

• Its better today than yesterday but honestly I was hoping they put some effort into the server browser and made it 99% solid considering the hundreds of posts complaining about it.

• @gregcau:

@Daiyuki:

Haven’t had any problems… Get a better computer? I don’t know, never had any issues, throughout beta or now. Maybe you have no patience

better computer lol… how about you get a better brain

Either that or internet, but nowadays unless you live in Tanzania you should be fine? People are complaining about lag while populating the list whereas I can navigate just fine as it loads. Unless you guys are running on some kind of pathetic internet, then all that’s left is for some reason your FPS is chugging at the server browser. Plus there was no mention of lag/warping in-game, but then again that lack of patience thing is a pretty good bet too…

• @gregcau:

Its better today than yesterday but honestly I was hoping they put some effort into the server browser and made it 99% solid considering the hundreds of posts complaining about it.

All of those posts you mentioned are by people who need better computers and/or better internet connections along with more patience. Every.Single.One…

• @Daiyuki:

Either that or internet, but nowadays unless you live in Tanzania you should be fine? People are complaining about lag while populating the list whereas I can navigate just fine as it loads. Unless you guys are running on some kind of pathetic internet, then all that’s left is for some reason your FPS is chugging at the server browser. Plus there was no mention of lag/warping in-game, but then again that lack of patience thing is a pretty good bet too…

Actually I’m experiencing this a bit too. Where the music and screen updating stutters drastically for about 8 secs ish when loading servers. It seems to go down to like, 2 FPS, and the MS time shoots up while the stuttering is happening (with Stat FPS on). It does actually work fine besides this though, just a little irritating at the music stuttering heh.

Oh and if anyone wants to tell me to get a better computer, besides a slightly newer graphics card that really wouldn’t give me that much benefit, please advise:

@BobT36:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3960X, 3.30GHz - (Hex-core, Overclocked to 4.0ghz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X79 UD3
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance, 16GB, (4x4096mb, 667mhz)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590, 3GB (1535mb, 607MHz across two chips on the one card)
    PSU: Corsair 1050w - (Exact model unknown, probably a HX1050, can check if need be)
    Hard Drive: Samsung HD103SJ 1TB (260gb free) 7200 RPM
    Monitor: 24" Widescreen, 1920x1080, 16:9, 3D Vision

Other Specs:
    Cooling: Corsair H80 Water Cooling (Processor Only)
    Connection Speed: 40Mbps Download, 10Mbps Upload - Broadband
    Speakers / Microphone: Sennheiser PC360 Headset

:P

• @Sir:

@gregcau:

Its better today than yesterday but honestly I was hoping they put some effort into the server browser and made it 99% solid considering the hundreds of posts complaining about it.

All of those posts you mentioned are by people who need better computers and/or better internet connections along with more patience. Every.Single.One…

sigh computer noobs with no understanding of networking are so ignorant.

oh edit you were being funny, lol.