Alternate Swing/Overhead buttons allow infinite combos

• So, the alternate hit buttons will continue comboing after 3 hits until stamina runs out. The alternate modifier key doesn’t do that.
    Does this mean that every single beta tester was using the modifier key and never used the competitive version of separate alt swing/overhead buttons?

• @acrh2:

So, the alternate hit buttons will continue comboing after 3 hits until stamina runs out. The alternate modifier key doesn’t do that.
    Does this mean that every single beta tester was using the modifier key and never used the competitive version of separate alt swing/overhead buttons?

I used the modifier key because it is quite easy doing it that way. Didn’t know pressing the extra buttons made it the competitive version. I’m stuck away from my computer for 10 more hours, so I can’t comment on this.

• @ChuckingIt:

@acrh2:

So, the alternate hit buttons will continue comboing after 3 hits until stamina runs out. The alternate modifier key doesn’t do that.

I used the modifier key because it is quite easy doing it that way. Didn’t know pressing the extra buttons made it the competitive version. I’m stuck away from my computer for 10 more hours, so I can’t comment on this.

I believe that pressing a single button (and not like you said “extra buttons”) is tens of milliseconds faster than pressing two buttons (alt + swing/overhead.) In a competitive scene, those milliseconds would be the difference between life and death, the difference between cap and return.

Nevertheless, can we expect a bug fixing patch soon?

• I found this bug too, so I can confirm this.

I never used my arrow camera on mouse button 3. I re-mapped it to be alternate-slash so I can occasionally hit a guy by a lantern post or doorway from the left, or just mess with their heads as they’re used to parrying from the one side of a slash.

Then I found that there is no limit to the combo stream you can setup with that one-button attack. I was able to get 7 to 10 hit combos going just by hammering the one key. You just keep slashing away until you run out of stamina.

I was not using the modifier key, aka the Alternate Attack key. Hell, I didn’t even know what that button did until I came to this forum. It seemed to me that it didn’t do anything. I never tried it with my mouse button attacks. As the alternate overhead chop seemed too similar the normal chop I didn’t care to map a key for that.

I was using the dedicated, one button key to pull off a left slash just to reiterate.

Overhead alternate attack (one button attack) also does the same thing. I can get 5 to 7 overhead chops by pushing that dedicated key over and over again. No combo limit until I’m too exhausted to continue.