MAA armor buff

• Increase MAA blunt resistance by 10% (from 0.85 to 0.75)

So this is live now. Here’s the differences I’ve noticed so far:
    -Maul overhead no longer kills on torso, horizontal swing doesn’t kill on head
    -Grand Mace overhead no longer kills on head
    -Flanged Mace takes three swings/overheads to torso to kill
    EDIT: thanks for correcting me martin, I guess I suck at reading changelogs

So all that’s left for me to complain about is how gravely this affects knights without sword primary. Oh well.

• The MAA pierce buff was reverted. The ranged weapons essentially do exactly the same as what they did in the previous live version.

As for the Grand Mace in particular, it shouldn’t 1 hit kill MAAs, it’s faster than a Sword of War even and only slightly slower than a Broadsword.

• @Torrenz:

-Maul overhead no longer kills on torso, horizontal swing doesn’t kill on head

Thats really sad. The maul is so slow anyway.

• @Martin:

The MAA pierce buff was reverted. The ranged weapons essentially do exactly the same as what they did in the previous live version.

Welp, thanks. I guess it’s just the blunt knights getting shafted then.

@Martin:

As for the Grand Mace in particular, it shouldn’t 1 hit kill MAAs, it’s faster than a Sword of War even and only slightly slower than a Broadsword.

Do you mean the flanged mace? I’'d be perfectly fine with two hits on that account. Three overheads to the torso kill a knight, you’d think a MAA would be more fragile than that.

• I also don’t like this change. Indirectly nerfs vanguards even more. MaA now have almost the same damage resistance as vanguards (pierce and blunt difference is only 5%, don’t think that there is any weapon that needs one more htk for a vanguard than a MaA…I’ll go through the list when I have time). vanguards still have superior swing resistance, but almost all swing weapons have good stabs (read pierce damage) to circumvent that.

Also maul overhead not oneshotting MaA to the body is just…WRONG. Very slow weapon with mediocre range on the slowest class cannot reliably oneshot the fastest class?..seriously?

• @Falc:

I also don’t like this change. Indirectly nerfs vanguards even more. MaA now have almost the same damage resistance as vanguards (pierce and blunt difference is only 5%, don’t think that there is any weapon that needs one more htk for a vanguard than a MaA…I’ll go through the list when I have time). vanguards still have superior swing resistance, but almost all swing weapons have good stabs (read pierce damage) to circumvent that.

Also maul overhead not oneshotting MaA to the body is just…WRONG. Very slow weapon with mediocre range on the slowest class cannot reliably oneshot the fastest class?..seriously?

The MAA is still squishier than the Vanguard, nothing changed here.

It might take the MAA to 10% HP with a maul overhead to the torso. However, if you do an overhead, surely you aim for the head? That will one-shot the MAA.

• One-shot Maul with LMB was always pretty lame. Swords for lighter classes, blunt for Knights!

• @Herkulades:

The MAA is still squishier than the Vanguard, nothing changed here.

It might take the MAA to 10% HP with a maul overhead to the torso. However, if you do an overhead, surely you aim for the head? That will one-shot the MAA.

It’s less about where you aim and more about where they let you hit. You won’t see many MAAs risking their lives and wasting stamina trying to parry the most predictable attack in the game when they can strafe around it or dodge away and attack during the recovery time. Most overheads I land on half-decent MAAs I have to mouse-drag into their sides at point blank, I just can’t pull off the headshots unless they really suck and let me deplete their stamina or run into a combo bait. Maul used to mean high risk and high reward for both sides, now there’s not really any point in using it against a MAA because you might aswell two-hit him with a much faster secondary. It was one of the more exciting and satisfying to win matchups for me.

#MaulTears #SaveTheMauls

@Daiyuki:

One-shot Maul with LMB was always pretty lame. Swords for lighter classes, blunt for Knights!

Too bad LMB to head and overhead to torso deal the exact same damage, or we could strike a bargain here.

• @Daiyuki:

One-shot Maul with LMB was always pretty lame. Swords for lighter classes, blunt for Knights!

This man has it right.