Several bugs with the new update

• I’m fairly new to the game, but I thought I’d do some bug reporting now that the big update’s out to hopefully improve the game.

Some new bugs I noticed after downloading the new update:

• Executing a parry->alt slash combo shows a normal windup and then an alt slash, but sometimes does a normal slash instead of an alt slash (tested with claymore in first person.) I’m not sure how this looks to the other player.

• The player model duplicates during the freeze time at the end of a map

• Refreshing the server list makes the game freeze up repeatedly (it didn’t previously)

• Many of the new weapons show 0 range in the class selection UI

• Game performance on the ruins map has dropped significantly. No other maps seem to be affected.

Some old bugs still present that I haven’t seen noted elsewhere:

• A strange bug that has happened to me twice: On Stoneshill while defending, if you are in the middle of pouring an oil pot when you are force-respawned to the throne room, every time you die from then until the map ends, it will teleport your body to the oil pot and pour it (only if the oil pot is ready to be poured.)

• A known bug: Attempting to join a friend through the Steam overlay will sometimes give a generic UT invite space message rather than a server full message. What I haven’t seen noted is that this message is often erroneous (server is not actually full) and the message will persist unless you quit the game and join your friend from the desktop. This has happened to every single person I know who owns the game.

• The attempt to join on a friend bug has been around forever. It is ridiculous that it hasn’t been fixed yet. This game is made to be played with friends. TB will lose a lot of people when you have new people who can’t join the same server and don’t know how to get around it.

• The inability to join friends through steam all stems from the inaccurate server browser. Only servers that appear full on the browser give that error when friends join. If on the browser it shows the proper count, then the “join on friends” will work. What needs to be fixed is the incorrect player counts.(I haven’t been on today to see how its looking).

• When I join a game it no longer says how many players are on each team for picking a team (says 0 players each team).

When selecting a class, the background color behind each class character is a harsh red/blue that is quite alarming to the eyes, rather than the soft fade-to-gray background color behind the characters.

Knight cannot run with a flail equipped (hope this isn’t a feature!) :)

Also, the server browser does not show any servers 80% of the time and I have to close the game and relaunch to pull up any servers….this was from before the patch tho.

• @ChuckingIt:

The inability to join friends through steam all stems from the inaccurate server browser. Only servers that appear full on the browser give that error when friends join. If on the browser it shows the proper count, then the “join on friends” will work. What needs to be fixed is the incorrect player counts.(I haven’t been on today to see how its looking).

No doubt that was part of the problem, but I am pretty sure this bug still exists. I’ve had times where I’ll get an error message saying the “server is at capacity,” and also times when it gives that “Not Enough Invite Space” error. Then I exit the game and join from steam and it works. The server had like 4-5 spots open.

• Also the veteran helmets are out, don’t know if that was intended.

• @BKarel:

Also the veteran helmets are out, don’t know if that was intended.

Yeah I left that out of my list since there was already a thread about it.

Adding another bug: Performance problems on ruins since update. No other maps seem affected.