Crashing after update

• The game worked fine before the update. Now when I launch, it has the banner, and then it crashes with no error message. I’ll attach my launch log.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it didn’t do anything. This is really getting annoying.

EDIT 2: If I look at my applications in the task manager while I launch it, it says “Not responding”. I also don’t get a .dmg file. Don’t know if it’s important or not.

EDIT 3: Added my dxdiag.txt in case it’s needed. Also after looking at my log, there doesn’t seem to be any error. It just stops reading the config files when it gets to UDKNewWeapon and closes. Can’t think of anything that would cause this. I’m nearly positive it’s not my computer because this happened when I tried to play the beta, so I reverted back. I figured this error would be gone, but I guess it’s still here.

• Im having the same problem ):

• Well at least I know it’s not just me! I would really like some support for this. If we are having this problem, I’m sure there are more, but looks like nobody is helping.

• I am seeing the same issue. I also un-installed and re-installed the game. It didnt help.

• Is there nobody who can help? This is ridiculous. I’ve tried every fix method I could find. Nothing works!

• Having the same issue.

• Mine just freezes, click on the blank window and it becomes not-responding…

• Pretty sure that’s a different issue. Mine just shows the banner with this picture( http://www.strategyprime.net/wp-content … arfare.jpg ) and then it closes.

EDIT: From my log, it looks like it is forced closed. There is no error that makes it stop. The text just stops mid-sentence at the end.
    You guys that posted here should post your log files here.

• I had this same issue. After trying to start the game, the splash screen would appear and then after a few seconds it would simply close out without any messages or anything. But (for me at least) it ended up being a port-related issue. I can’t say which ports specifically since I simply put my computer in the DMZ and that ended up fixing it. I don’t know much beyond that but hopefully it’s helpful to somebody.

Oh, and if you’re going to try enabling the DMZ, be careful as it can be a serious security risk. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

• @BettySwallsack:

I had this same issue. After trying to start the game, the splash screen would appear and then after a few seconds it would simply close out without any messages or anything. But (for me at least) it ended up being a port-related issue. I can’t say which ports specifically since I simply put my computer in the DMZ and that ended up fixing it. I don’t know much beyond that but hopefully it’s helpful to somebody.

Oh, and if you’re going to try enabling the DMZ, be careful as it can be a serious security risk. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

So the small screen popped up and closed? It didn’t get to full screen?
    What does DMZ do?

I don’t see how a port could cause a program to not run. It doesn’t even run in offline mode.

• @Baskyn:

@BettySwallsack:

I had this same issue. After trying to start the game, the splash screen would appear and then after a few seconds it would simply close out without any messages or anything. But (for me at least) it ended up being a port-related issue. I can’t say which ports specifically since I simply put my computer in the DMZ and that ended up fixing it. I don’t know much beyond that but hopefully it’s helpful to somebody.

What does DMZ do?

I don’t see how a port could cause a program to not run. It doesn’t even run in offline mode.

Most games and programs use “ports” that allow them to send information across the internett, if I remember correctly, Steam uses aprox 3-6 different ports so that it can connect and send info across the internett. 8-)

If the ports are not forwarded properly, the program will not be able to communicate with the net properly, thereby making it unable to run properly. :)

• @unforgiven389:

@Baskyn:

@BettySwallsack:

What does DMZ do?

Most games and programs use “ports” that allow them to send information across the internett, if I remember correctly, Steam uses aprox 3-6 different ports so that it can connect and send info across the internett. 8-)

If the ports are not forwarded properly, the program will not be able to communicate with the net properly, thereby making it unable to run properly. :)

Every other game works though. Wouldn’t it affect other programs? Also, if I run it in offline mode and the ports are the problem, it should work. It doesn’t though.

• I fixed it!! Turns out that after the update my antivirus was blocking either something steam related or chivalry related. I had to allow anything steam or UDK related through and to my surprise it worked!!! :D Now I can finally play the update!

So if anyone is having this issue, it may be the antivirus.

• I’m still crashing on launch after doing everything in this thread to try and fix it, including allowing Steam and UDK on Norton.

If anyone has any way to fix this, please post!

• My issue was with Teamspeak 3. I exited from Teamspeak and then started chivalry, now it works.

I can still turn on teamspeak after chivalry has booted up, but that’s pretty annoying. It’s probably something to do with the overlay.