Thanks for Ruining Dodge

• That was sarcasm…

• Useful feedback, 10/10.

Hotfix ETA in 3 hours to fix all your subjective problems with it.

• @BobT36:

Useful feedback, 10/10.

Yes, it is all subjective…

(also sarcasm.) Seriously, dodge is almost useless now, have you tried it?

• @Blackjack:

@BobT36:

Useful feedback, 10/10.

Yes, it is all subjective…

(also sarcasm.) Seriously, dodge is almost useless now, have you tried it?

Care to explain whats wrong with it? I haven’t been home all day so I can’t test anything, but if you’d like to leave useful feedback I am compiling a list to test thoroughly to see whats up.

• I main with MAA and I didn’t noticed any change to dodge, though I admit I haven’t played much because I was testing the new weapons (and the quarterstaff is very weak).

• Fix dodges breaking out of states where player is supposed to be frozen
    • Fix issue with super-man dodges(glitch that caused launching out of the level from high elevations)

Full Patch Notes:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9587

Dodge didn’t really change a whole lot.(Not Sarcasm)

• Dodge changed. Just try it… Useless now.

• For sure shorter range. Also kick is even less useful, the times it does not connect when it use too. Testing it all now, you should also try it.

I like the staff but the aim is off in first person mode, try that, range is also funky on it. Do not care for more power to it, just fix aim and range to at least correspond with your view.

I don’t are what patch notes say at this point, IT HAS CHANGED, call it stealth nerf, or bug? (not sarcasm.)

• It’s a bug if it did. That is all that changed.

• @Andrew:

It’s a bug if it did. That is all that changed.

ok, someone telling me it is only with staff, only tried staff so far so will have to check.

• I’ve just come off from playing for a couple of hours with the MaA and I did not notice anything different with the dodge.

The staff takes a bit to get used to, remember that your stabs hit a bit right of the crosshair, normal overheads a bit to the left. Dunno about the alternate overhead yet, seems to be pretty much on the crosshair with that one but I’m not sure.
    You get used to the range after a while.

• no, it is different, try switching back and forth.

• Dodging still works the same way as before, haven’t notice any change.

• People were complaining last night that the dodge distance is shorter. I never noticed any difference until someone said something. It does seem to be a bit shorter but perhaps it’s just my imagination. Either way it didn’t affect my game last night so if they did change it, there wasn’t much of a change.

• It does seem to be shorter. A friend of mine noticed it as well.

• I notice the same delayed teleporty buggy crap as before, so nothing seems to have changed, but after some testing uphill, downhill, flat, off higher surfaces… It seems shorter more often than not. Forward dodge is the only one that seems normal, but that could be just from holding W and taking a step or two forward. I’d need someone to stand off to the side and compare the dodge lengths, but going by the audio cues, sometimes you seem to stop dodging halfway through instead of doing the whole way.

May need to be looked at, I suspect it has to do with the terrain height fix thing? I dunno, but there’s something to this.

• Now that I think about it, the FOV was probably defaulted to 95 and I typically play at 110. That’s probably why I was mis-judging weapon ranges and the dodge felt shorter.

• I never noticed any difference switching back and forth to beta and I play a MAA a lot.

• @T_Roy:

Now that I think about it, the FOV was probably defaulted to 95 and I typically play at 110. That’s probably why I was mis-judging weapon ranges and the dodge felt shorter.

Most likely this.

• @BobT36:

@T_Roy:

Now that I think about it, the FOV was probably defaulted to 95 and I typically play at 110. That’s probably why I was mis-judging weapon ranges and the dodge felt shorter.

Most likely this.

I thought so too, but after some testing uphill, downhill, flat, off higher surfaces… It seems shorter more often than not. Forward dodge is the only one that seems normal, but that could be just from holding W and taking a step or two forward. I’d need someone to stand off to the side and compare the dodge lengths, but going by the audio cues, sometimes you seem to stop dodging halfway through instead of doing the whole way.

May need to be looked at, I suspect it has to do with the terrain height fix thing? I dunno, but there’s something to this.