New patch nerfs MAA?

• Im not sure if it is just me, but I think that they nerfed the MAA by reducing dodge distance (As if it already wasn’t too short) and the running speed. Not to mention blocking is ridiculously hard now with a shield and I cant dodge off of rooftops anymore. Can someone tell me if its just me do you notice it too?

• From Patch Notes

• Fix dodges breaking out of states where player is supposed to be frozen
    • Fix issue with super-man dodges(glitch that caused launching out of the level from high elevations)

And try without the quarter staff. Apparently that makes dodging feel worse. Not sure, I’m not home yet :(

• @ChuckingIt:

From Patch Notes

• Fix dodges breaking out of states where player is supposed to be frozen
    • Fix issue with super-man dodges(glitch that caused launching out of the level from high elevations)

And try without the quarter staff. Apparently that makes dodging feel worse. Not sure, I’m not home yet :(

I don’t use the staff and yeah, i feel like im only moving a quarter of the distance. Honestly, Im really not impressed with the patch, the game feels clunky and the fun is gone.

• Our MAAs haven’t noticed any changes. In fact, we just did a quick practice scrim with Templar using a couple of the new weapons and MAA seemed completely fine, so I don’t understand why people think it doesn’t go as far, or it’s slower.

• It really just feels alot slower to me, I wish they had kept the “Super-man dodge” and just stuck invisi-walls where you can glitch out. I also can’t play as defensive as I would like with the MAA because of the new block system.

• Did you play with a high field of view? There were changes made to default settings which caused some settings like FoV to reset. A lower field of view looks “slower” in first person.

• Im on 95

• @SlyGoat:

There were changes made to default settings which caused some settings like FoV to reset.

Last patch trashed control assignments (not only for me, for many people in fact) and now even FOV will be changed. What is the purpose of it all? Never saw such a thing in online FPS before.

• @BDrift:

@SlyGoat:

There were changes made to default settings which caused some settings like FoV to reset.

Last patch trashed control assignments (not only for me, for many people in fact) and now even FOV will be changed. What is the purpose of it all? Never saw such a thing in online FPS before.

They added alternate swings, that means they needed new button assignments in the controls. Your old control settings don’t have anything set for these assignments. Usually that means a new default config file needs to be created and the old one deleted. This is pretty common in MMOs after major content patches. Ever seen a case where “Your talent tree points are being reset”? Same thing essentially.

• @Lord:

in MMOs after major content patches. Ever seen a case where “Your talent tree points are being reset”? Same thing essentially.

Never played one. Controls issues hit me in previous patch without any additional swing directions being added. Anyway i dont see any reason to change my poor FOV settings by devs and OK with this.

• @BDrift:

@Lord:

in MMOs after major content patches. Ever seen a case where “Your talent tree points are being reset”? Same thing essentially.

Never played one. Controls issues hit me in previous patch without any additional swing directions being added. Anyway i dont see any reason to change my poor FOV settings by devs and OK with this.

They added more controls last patch too. Previously a lot of things were lumped into a single button, after the patch you could customize them individually (or leave them lumped into the same button).

• We added corpse and decal length sliders. I suspect that was what required the video settings to be replaced and thus your field of view setting to revert to default.