Round 1 of DAG "The Beginning" 5vs5 TO Tourny: //cc vs. pulp

• The next shoutcast is up and no blackouts this time!

Playlist

“The Beginning” Team Objective tournament continues! A fantastic match takes place on Hillside between two groups that are new to the Dark Age Gaming scene! Pulp and Cracked Clan face off in some nail bitingly close games while Stuart and I do our best to keep you entertained!

Main host: Dr.Nick
    Cohost: Stuart

[youtubehd:2ylzt1pp]6hVREMcsP6Y[/youtubehd:2ylzt1pp]

Reddit Post

• That was pretty enjoyable! No matter if you followed my critics or not, this time you did better camera work. You went ahead and watched the archers and what they where shooting at several times and that was a very good idea. Gives a nice view of the battle. You did a great cast!

Maybe I should comment on the match.

I don’t think that either team had any great ideas on how to push the first objective. The first problem is that getting through that massive choke point and the second one is to defend the pyre. If you lost most of your teammates during the push, it’s going to be very hard to protect it from the defending team. Their spawn is closer.
    I think that both of the teams could have used a Archer when pushing instead of all melee class. Taking out key targets, like the enemy Archer, is almost crucial in TO. Especially on such a long choke point.
    The lack of shields didn’t help either. Knights should use their Kite or Tower Shields while the Vanguards equip good ranged options. Like that play with the Smoke Pot. Very clever, rendering the defending Archer near useless.
    Stuarts idea by sending one MAA through the Castle flank(left side flank) to the Pyre might have worked, but the defending team will have a easy time predicting it when they notice one of the attackers are missing a key member.

Overall, it was a very tense match. That time where they almost lit the pyre really kept me on my toes.

• My only thought at the very beginning was “Wtf, this better not be the opening duel…” Then a ballista fires and lulz ensue.

-Edit- Couldn’t keep watching after all the missed throws to the pyre. Then again, the other team never even tried to throw, just walked up the long way… What is this I don’t even.

• @Almkrona:

That was pretty enjoyable! No matter if you followed my critics or not, this time you did better camera work. You went ahead and watched the archers and what they where shooting at several times and that was a very good idea. Gives a nice view of the battle. You did a great cast!

Thank you! I actually recorded this game before the other one I put up haha. I messed up my opening statement pretty badly but other than that Stuart and I had a lot of fun. I’m glad you thought the camera was better, I’m always trying to improve that :D

@Almkrona:

Maybe I should comment on the match.

I don’t think that either team had any great ideas on how to push the first objective. The first problem is that getting through that massive choke point and the second one is to defend the pyre. If you lost most of your teammates during the push, it’s going to be very hard to protect it from the defending team. Their spawn is closer.
    I think that both of the teams could have used a Archer when pushing instead of all melee class. Taking out key targets, like the enemy Archer, is almost crucial in TO. Especially on such a long choke point.
    The lack of shields didn’t help either. Knights should use their Kite or Tower Shields while the Vanguards equip good ranged options. Like that play with the Smoke Pot. Very clever, rendering the defending Archer near useless.
    Stuarts idea by sending one MAA through the Castle flank(left side flank) to the Pyre might have worked, but the defending team will have a easy time predicting it when they notice one of the attackers are missing a key member.

Overall, it was a very tense match. That time where they almost lit the pyre really kept me on my toes.

Yeah both teams were sooo close to getting the pyre lit. I believe this was both teams’ first competitive match so they might have been more worried about just killing the enemy rather than the strategies we were thinking up. I really enjoyed the smoke use.

@Daiyuki:

My only thought at the very beginning was “Wtf, this better not be the opening duel…” Then a ballista fires and lulz ensue.

-Edit- Couldn’t keep watching after all the missed throws to the pyre. Then again, the other team never even tried to throw, just walked up the long way… What is this I don’t even.

Well I don’t think either team was the most prepared for the map since neither one knew how to throw the torch from the ground :p

• Nice cast, too bad the teams were both weak.