Poll: Lag since patch was released

• So in general I find the game lags a lot more since the new release.

Your thoughts?

• Surely this would be simply down to the extra load the servers are getting from all the people downloading/playing the new update that came out a few hours ago?

• @DokB:

Surely this would be simply down to the extra load the servers are getting from all the people downloading/playing the new update that came out a few hours ago?

I would doubt the client side update is on the same server as the official game servers.

• Oh so its lagging client side?

My server browser is fine, but its probably 50/50 for everyone.

• @DokB:

Oh so its lagging client side?

No, its server side lag. My point was that the patch updates is unlikely to be the issue.

• Well about 50/50 not so conclusive.

• My game itself lags on the Frigid map, and all my mates say the same, that map is too “resource heavy”. It kills my computer, the game works like at 20 FPS at all times in that map. Normally I play between 28-30 FPS.

Now talking about real lag, yes, I’ve noticed that since the Content Update, the servers I used to play in have server side lag, everyone experiences it and the game lags a hell for like 30 seconds until recovering, then all people start talking about a “lag strike”. It’s SERVER SIDE lag, because all players there had 60 ping or lower including me. It happens in any map (even the original ones), so I believe the update broke something.

• @ChizFreak:

My game itself lags on the Frigid map, and all my mates say the same, that map is too “resource heavy”. It kills my computer, the game works like at 20 FPS at all times in that map. Normally I play between 28-30 FPS.

Now talking about real lag, yes, I’ve noticed that since the Content Update, the servers I used to play in have server side lag, everyone experiences it and the game lags a hell for like 30 seconds until recovering, then all people start talking about a “lag strike”. It’s SERVER SIDE lag, because all players there had 60 ping or lower including me. It happens in any map (even the original ones), so I believe the update broke something.

I’ve seen higher pings and badly-reported pings (browser saying 58 and in-game it’s 130), but you play at 28-30 FPS? Yeesh, that’s brutal, I find it hard to track feints and lookdown overheads at anything under 55-60.

• I’ve had a few wierd “lag spikes” on one of the Official servers I was playing on the other day. Ping and FPS both seemed absolutely stable, but I’d suddenly find myself teleporting miles away. Wasn’t constant, just intermittent. :S

• When you have a game which is critical on blocks and parries you need to be careful to ensure lag is minimized.

I love the game, I just want to be sure that lag issues are not exasperated with a new release.

• Thy improved the graphics a bit.

And there is that body slider. Do not put it on 240 when you playing a 32 player FFA on arena. So laggy and you can’t see the ground. Its just bodies. Some piles as tall as a person.

• Seems to me the increased lag on TO servers could be related to the issues people are having post patch with parrying. I rarely have issues on a duelling server but its much more prevalent on TO servers.

• @gregcau:

Seems to me the increased lag on TO servers could be related to the issues people are having post patch with parrying. I rarely have issues on a duelling server but its much more prevalent on TO servers.

Jesus really?

I was hitting 20-30 FPS on some TO servers and spiking from 15ms to 70+ms

• @DokB:

@gregcau:

Seems to me the increased lag on TO servers could be related to the issues people are having post patch with parrying. I rarely have issues on a duelling server but its much more prevalent on TO servers.

Jesus really?

I was hitting 20-30 FPS on some TO servers and spiking from 15ms to 70+ms

Its not your personal FPS or ping that is the problem. I have fast internet cable with a low ping, good FPS but I think it is when there are people on the server with high pings that create a lag for everyone. Before the patch it was rare to see players lag out and appear 10 feet from where they were. Now it is quite common.

• All I know is before the patch the official servers near me had been lagging oddly, after the patch not so much, but still sometimes lagging oddly. Oddly as in low ping then I join everyone in the server is like what was that. Lag spikes. I was on one side of the map now im here. I spawned on the enemy side yesterday. I could have totally annihilated them but I thought I must have forgotten my team or got swapped, when they realized I was there I got a hell of a beating.

For this game being out 4 months its doing pretty good. Then again I was pretty drunk. ;)

• Lag would explain why parrying sometimes doesn’t work, why 1h seem to have double reach and why sometimes you seem to have a weapon made of gas when you hit someone but nothing happens.

• Since the patch I’ve been getting regular lag spikes on all servers as well, teleporting all over the place every 30 sec/1 min. And it seems a lot of other players are having them as well. It doesn’t show on the ping or the fps, so I doubt very much it’s clientside.

• Performance has increased since the patch for me. FPS remains the same, yet the game feels smoother.

• A day or two after the patch i started noticing a lot more lag than normal, and it has not subsided. I was wondering if maybe it was just me.