Who's Lord Malric?

• I seen on the trailer for the new content update, Lord Malric. Where does he come in?
    Im pretty new to the game by the by.

• He’s the main antagonist. The bad guy.

The team objective missions are the campaign.

• Mason King!

• He’s a dude.

• @Glywysing:

He’s a dude.

That guy with the hair?

• @Daiyuki:

@Glywysing:

He’s a dude.

That guy with the hair?

He usually wears a really dark pink.

• @Pantius:

I seen on the trailer for the new content update, Lord Malric. Where does he come in?
    Im pretty new to the game by the by.

Basically Malric was like “I wanna be king.”

And some guys were like “lol nope.”

So a fucking war ensues, and millions of people, puppies, and soap bars just get completely eradicated. It was pretty bitchin, actually.

…and now the Agathans are locked in the most hilarious meh horrible uhh… generic bad term here… so anyway, Malric has got the red and black guys cause his firey castle of delicious plate tectonic fire wasn’t good enough, and he needs to have the entire everything for himself.

So yeah, I think that covers it. Bitch! 8-)

I would know, cause I’m one of those guys whose with him.

• Malric is the true king.

• @Pantius:

I seen on the trailer for the new content update, Lord Malric. Where does he come in?

Future raid boss. 20 knights vs Lord Malric and the Legion of Doom.

• Why dideth the idiot king construct a citadel open an active volcano. I question his leadership skills being ample for kinghood.

• Because it is hugely more intimidating than a ditch with some water and one old senile crocodile in it ;)

• @SerFluffy:

Why dideth the idiot king construct a citadel open an active volcano.

Because he is freaking badass. Lets crush some heads in the name of Lord Malric! ;)

• Because he´s a douche.

• I don’t think Malric constructed that citadel. It was already there and was the capital of the Vantear nation which is now the Mason Order’s headquarters.

• As other people have stated Lord Malric, or his full name of Malric Terrowin, is the king of the Mason Order and proclaims himself to be the true king of the lands.

His story starts way back prior to the game.

Then King Argon had recently united all the people of the land under one banner, Agathia. However he grew tired of the peace and decided to launch a crusade against an unknown kingdom far away across the ocean. At this time Malric is a high ranking General in the Agathian army, he is also the commander of a newly created special force called the Mason Order. He uses this opportunity while most of the Agathian army is away to seize power and proclaim himself the new ruler.

The crusade ends in abysmal failure for the Agathians, and worse King Argon is slain in battle. The remaining Agathian forces return home to find their land under the subjugation of the Mason Order. This shall not stand!

The Agatha Knights seek to restore the Danum Argon, who was the nephew to the former King Argaon, as the new and true King, since Danum was next in line. Danum is also the King shown in the game when the Mason assault the Agathian Castle.

So a war now rages between the Mason Order and the Agathian Knights, seemingly ending when either Malric or Danum is slain in battle as is represented in game with the sieges of their Castles, this also allows players to draw their own cannon on who wins.

Also don’t forget, this foreign kingdom is out there, and they may want to see vengeance for the crusade, but that is another topic.

• He’s an immortal dark sorcerer- he respawns if the Agathians manage to kill him in the Citadel. ;)

• @SerFluffy:

Why dideth the idiot king construct a citadel open an active volcano. I question his leadership skills being ample for kinghood.

Do you want to attack a volcano?

• @SerFluffy:

Why dideth the idiot king construct a citadel open an active volcano. I question his leadership skills being ample for kinghood.

I really don’t like the way they unceremoniously portray the Mason Order as evil. I was expecting more shades of gray rather than black and white. Even in the console, the command KillBadGuys kills all the masons.

:|

@Steelpoint:

Also don’t forget, this foreign kingdom is out there, and they may want to see vengeance for the crusade, but that is another topic.

Wasn’t it that Marlic sought to strenghten Agatha by weeding out the weak, so Agatha would be prepared for the Tenosian(the foreign kingdom) counter attack? Source here

There is also a contradiction in the lore, as it’s stated that Marlic promised to create the Mason Order to harden Agatha after King Argon fell. Source(Page 7 to be exact). Unless this has been retcon’d by TB. It’s never stated that Marlic proclaimed himself king, only that he created the Mason Order and spead word of Feydrids failure(although it is likely he later did claim to be the true King)

• @SharpshotSid:

It’s never stated that Marlic proclaimed himself king, only that he created the Mason Order and spead word of Feydrids failure(although it is likely he later did claim to be the true King)

It’s the same mistake as with the other map where you kill the other king. On that map you kill the steward not the king. It just looks better when the objective is “Kill the king!”

• All the other kings said he was daft to build a castle on a volcano, but he built it all the same just to show 'em!
    It melted in the volcano.
    So he a built a second one. And that melted in the volcano. So he built a third one. That one burned down, fell over, then melted in the volcano.

But the fourth one stayed up! And that’s what you’ll get if you join the Mason Order! The strongest castle in these lands!