Thrown weapons & Smoke pots

• Gonna make this quick but I think thrown weapons need to be looked at. Seems their velocity has been slowed down as well as the wind up and release. They feel really clunky and strange after the patch, anyone else take notice?

-I’ve reset and rebound all my settings, FOV is at 110, play at consistent 50-60 fps

** Also I’d like to mention the problem of attacks queuing despite canceling or performing another action. I’ve found that after counter attacking sometimes if I hit stab lets say 2 times to pull off the counter it performs the counter then maybe 1 second after, another stab will pop out. Something like the Double Tap delay for weapon swings would be nice to address this.

• Yes something is wrong with them the throwing axes are a bit lagged now. Before the patch as soon as you hit fire you threw it. Now after you hit fire there’s about a 1 second delay. The delay between when you hit the throw button and when it actually happens is quite noticeable. Its not about leading the axe now its about leading the axe and compensating for the mystery lag which is very annoying and makes them quite inaccurate due to the amount of guessing on the throwers part. You now have to guess where the target will be plus take into account when the axe will actually be thrown.

• just tested them and it works fine for me.

• They are fine for me too. No changes.

• @expendableteammate:

Yes something is wrong with them the throwing axes are a bit lagged now. Before the patch as soon as you hit fire you threw it. Now after you hit fire there’s about a 1 second delay. The delay between when you hit the throw button and when it actually happens is quite noticeable. Its not about leading the axe now its about leading the axe and compensating for the mystery lag which is very annoying and makes them quite inaccurate due to the amount of guessing on the throwers part. You now have to guess where the target will be plus take into account when the axe will actually be thrown.

This is exactly whats going on. Im wondering why some say they arent having issues but for me this ^^^ is what its like when throwing weapons. Ive seen some other threads mentioning issues with thrown weapons in passing but Mods didnt seem to get too much into providing solutions or causes. Anyhow I’ll have to see if it still persists later on today when i get online.

• Since it is a throwing weapon…

The javelin still has the bug where on respawn it automatically goes into ‘Throwing stance’. Very annoying.
    Also mostly the javelins disappear when thrown in walls or on the floor (especially when throwing from this automatic stance).

• @Blackula:

Gonna make this quick but I think thrown weapons need to be looked at. Seems their velocity has been slowed down as well as the wind up and release. They feel really clunky and strange after the patch, anyone else take notice?

So having miraculous thrown weapon skill where the deadly end always strikes a moving target isn’t good enough?

• @Warhawk66:

@Blackula:

Gonna make this quick but I think thrown weapons need to be looked at. Seems their velocity has been slowed down as well as the wind up and release. They feel really clunky and strange after the patch, anyone else take notice?

So having miraculous thrown weapon skill where the deadly end always strikes a moving target isn’t good enough?

I would settle for hitting them with the blunt end at this point. Beats missing because the axe doesn’t launch when you hit the button.

• My throwing axes are laggy on both of my PCs, and im not lagging. plus the knives are fine.

• Nothing was changed about any throwables except javelins which were sped up.

• @SlyGoat:

Nothing was changed about any throwables except javelins which were sped up.

Yes I did read the patch notes but unintended effects are liable to occur when changing code. I cant say Im content with this response, I will be making a video soon to visually demonstrate. I’m also curious as to why some who have posted notice and some dont. I have 0 performance issues with the game so that shouldnt be a possibility (i7, 8gbRAM,GTX560ti).

Furthermore, I even noticed this prepatch when returning from beta servers back to live, throwing axes for sure felt different( Had all the same configuration when I played both, FOV@110). When I asked my clan mates they said the same thing as I did, that there was a delay/clumsiness to the axes especially.

• Axes have a new throw animation, but nothing was changed in code.

• I have played the whole afternoon, but I have no delay at all when throwing the axes, nevermind a full second.
    Feels as if nothing changed, so I guess only a minority actually has this new bug. Sounds incredibly annoying though.