SpeedHackDetection

• ;Enable [b]EXPERIMENTAL[/b] speed hack detection. We have not yet determined the false positive rate. Enable at your own risk.
    bDoSpeedHackDetection=false
    ;Allow the user to trip the speed hack detection multiple times before getting kicked (in case of packet loss, etc.)
    bUseCustomSpeedhackCountThreshold=true
    ;Number of times user can trip detection before getting kicked
    iSpeedhackCountThreshold=10

I’m curious if anyone has noticed any results with this yet? I have no idea if there’s a way to check logs of how often it’s being executed, but I have noticed more frequent dropping of players at random times.

How can we tell it’s working, short of downloading and running a speedhack ourselves? Seems like an awesome idea if it’s working.

• Yes, i’d love to hear people’s experience with this addition…I’ll hit some of my ‘tech’ buddies up 'n see if they can help me test it:)

-Park Ranger Jeff

• Well, I gave it a whirl with a buddy on a private server of his last night, and the server did not kick for any speedhack packets being transmitted. We used these settings:

bDoSpeedHackDetection=True
    bUseCustomSpeedhackCountThreshold=false
    iSpeedhackCountThreshold=1

Unless I’m not enabling something that needs to be on, it would appear the system isn’t working.

• @JHoersten2:

Well, I gave it a whirl with a buddy on a private server of his last night, and the server did not kick for any speedhack packets being transmitted. We used these settings:

bDoSpeedHackDetection=True
    bUseCustomSpeedhackCountThreshold=false
    iSpeedhackCountThreshold=1

Unless I’m not enabling something that needs to be on, it would appear the system isn’t working.

What if you set bUseCustomSpeedhackCountThreshold=true ?

• Still no actions taken by server with that set as true. As far as I can tell, speedhack detection is broken.