New bearded axe

• What do you guys think?

The slash-slash combo feels slow to me but the overhead seems to come out quick.

• It’s amazing. I can’t say much else about it until I’ve tried it out more.

• From my experiences it is really good, a bit because people underestimate it, and because it is very fast now. Makes up with pretty low reach and abysmal stab. Ive not played with it too much, but it seems a very viable weapon now.

• As you say, it has extremely fast windups but rather slow combos - your best bet is to use it for single strikes instead of going berserk with combos, which is more suited for swords and onehanders.

• Best way to use the Bearded axe is by ‘combo-exploiting’ (as it was coined after release), and by that I mean, go into a combo instead of going into recovery, and immediately feint and windup again, you shave off about 0.125s by doing so and completely avoid the 0.8s recoveries.

• I have tryd the bearded axe and it is now my new favorite weapon.
    You give up reach a little for damage and speed.

But the speed seems a bit to fast sometimes.
    I think the Bearded axe should be a tiny little bit slower then what it is now but faster then the Sword of War.

Damage and reach seems okay to me.

This is just my personal opinion so I would like a second opinion on this from someone that has experience with the weapons.

Sometimes things look OP or underpowered from someone there perspective while it is not so.
    The combat in this game is quite detailed and therefore needs heavy discussing to come to a conclusion.

• Having played against it a few times, it does seem to be too fast, especially with the overhead look-down. Maybe its just a matter of getting used to it, i dont know, it just seems to be a bit too fast for the damage.

• Great and was needed but it is a “little bit” too fast now from what I have seen and tried.

• @Martin:

Best way to use the Bearded axe is by ‘combo-exploiting’ (as it was coined after release), and by that I mean, go into a combo instead of going into recovery, and immediately feint and windup again, you shave off about 0.125s by doing so and completely avoid the 0.8s recoveries.

Interesting point. Wouldn’t that drain your stam pretty fast? (Maybe making this ‘exploit’ balanced?)

Either way the speed of single attacks is quite nice, it feels comparable to the SOW and the overhead packs a huge punch.

The axe is an interesting weapon so far because the combo weaknesses you guys pointed out seem to encourage a more controlled playstyle at least in the big team or FFA games. I am circle-strafing a lot more and feinting single strikes, sliding in and out of range rather than facehugging (which is what I thought I would be doing with a fast, powerful short range weapon). The stab is truly terrible and I only use it to finish off fleeing enemies or to throw someone off.

So far I still prefer the two straight swords because of their stabs and combo ability, but this weapon has potential imo.

• I think it’s awesome atm, but the combo time “trick” is a bit gimmicky if you ask me