MAA & Shields

• Just a thought, as an MMA, having low armor and now not great speed, why aren’t our attacks faster?
    If you’re using a single handed weapon, wouldn’t it stand to reason that you could swing it a GOOD deal faster than say, a pole arm?
    Now I know this is a game and isn’t necessarily based on realism, however a 2-2.5lb weapon can accelerate 3 times faster than a 6lb weapon.

Shields: Aside from getting hit even behind a guarded tower shield as a knight, the thought that a shield slows down an attack is ridiculous. Shields are broken atm and I hope they get fixed in a hurry.

Finally, how is it that before the patch I was always 1st-2nd on most FFA games, and now that the patch came out, I’m almost always last?

• @Barn:

Just a thought, as an MMA, having low armor and now not great speed

But you do have great speed, and a versatile dodge to exploit it further. Your armor isn’t terrible, it’s much better than an archer’s and almost as good as a vanguard’s.

@Barn:

why aren’t our attacks faster?
    If you’re using a single handed weapon, wouldn’t it stand to reason that you could swing it a GOOD deal faster than say, a pole arm?
    Now I know this is a game and isn’t necessarily based on realism, however a 2-2.5lb weapon can accelerate 3 times faster than a 6lb weapon.

Would you say that a 6lb weapon should hit 3 times as hard as a 2lb one? Some one-handed weapons hit harder than two-handed primaries. They’re not inferior sidearms, they’re just different and designed with gameplay rather than realism in mind.

@Barn:

Shields: Aside from getting hit even behind a guarded tower shield as a knight, the thought that a shield slows down an attack is ridiculous. Shields are broken atm and I hope they get fixed in a hurry.

I think the tower shield just sucks ass overall. It’s the only shield that doesn’t protect you from feints because you go blind as soon as you block making it very easy for your enemy to hit around it. Shields did get nerfed, but we’ll see how that plays out. Haven’t tested them much myself yet.

@Barn:

Finally, how is it that before the patch I was always 1st-2nd on most FFA games, and now that the patch came out, I’m almost always last?

Maybe there’s more veterans and dedicated players around because they’re the most eager to try the new content? I don’t know.

• MAA’s are the worst class now, they stand no chance agaisnt noob vanguards or 2h knights who just spam left click like retards and win.

They nerfed the MAA so bad I don’t even play the game

• Put your FOV back up to 110… Nothing about speed was changed…

• @madhorde:

MAA’s are the worst class now, they stand no chance agaisnt noob vanguards or 2h knights who just spam left click like retards and win.

They nerfed the MAA so bad I don’t even play the game

God, all these people complaining about nerfed MAAs…

Have you even considered how EASY it is to totally thrash a LMB spammer as MAA? Even with the slight nerf to the class, a block and counter-attack is still as effective a response to spamming attacks. And, a norse sword (or even broad) is still an maddeningly effective in stun-locking your opponent with its lightning stabs. Just wait for him to finish his 3 combo spams and stab away.

What you’re likely complaining about is fighting outnumbered or in a big melee as an MAA, situations which not even pre-patch MAA should ever be caught in. An MAA is a ninja not a tank, your job is to flank, pick off stragglers and dominate slower classes in 1v1, NOT join your vanguards and knights in pushes.

Don’t want to get owned? PLAY YOUR ROLE.