MAA are now under powered

• Thanks to the new patch, MAA are now under powered. The whole strategy with the MAA is to counter attack/closing the distance using dodge and shield. This is extremely important when playing against opponents with long reach. It is now unfairly hard to close the distance when facing a vanguard with a spears for example. Not only that, the new patch buffed the feint.

The developer seems to hate that class really. It is sad because the MAA is the hardest class to master.

• MAA’s are not underpowered. If anything they’re better now with the implementation of alternate swings.

If you’re dodge spamming and shield whoring then you’re not playing the class to its full potential.

• Majority play Knights/Vanguards.
    Their Louder
    :(

• Whaaaaaaaat? MaA got indirectly buffed.

Halberd got slowed down to hell and every weapon is now easily “dodged in” for an attack. Shields are now alot easier to bypass, especially with the new special-daze. MaA resistance was buffed, etc.

If any class needs a buff at the moment it’s probably the Vanguard.

• @SgtSamy:

Thanks to the new patch, MAA are now under powered. The whole strategy with the MAA is to counter attack/closing the distance using dodge and shield. This is extremely important when playing against opponents with long reach. It is now unfairly hard to close the distance when facing a vanguard with a spears for example.

Nobody is forcing you to use a shield. You’ll have an easier time closing the distance by sprinting without a shield and parrying if necessary, or you can draw your ranged weapon to bait your enemy into attacking.

@SgtSamy:

Not only that, the new patch buffed the feint.

The cost reduction you see in the patch notes isn’t a buff, it’s a nerf from the beta that was toned down. Besides, MAA can dodge during parry recovery, so you’re less vulnerable to feints than anyone while also being able to use them more effectively than most thanks to the high speed on all your weapons. Add the new alt-swings and aggressive MAAs are more overwhelming than ever.

• I Dueled with MAA today, and they see just fine. Even better now they have more ways around a shield.

As far as Vans go dodge in and thrust for their head, play their game can’t parry what you can’t see.

• Wait till an MAA face hugs you with an axe.

Then say they are underpowered.

• @Shara:

Whaaaaaaaat? MaA got indirectly buffed.

Halberd got slowed down to hell and every weapon is now easily “dodged in” for an attack. Shields are now alot easier to bypass, especially with the new special-daze. MaA resistance was buffed, etc.

If any class needs a buff at the moment it’s probably the Vanguard.

The maa resistance buff never went live. Maa got nerfed as only-1h user with increasing feint cost from 10 to 15 but leaving 15 on 2h (inb4 quarterstaff, it’s joke weapon). Most impression here are from semidecent players who took quarterstaff, wrecked some rookies below 10 lvl and said that this weapon is fine.

• @SgtSamy:

The developer seems to hate that class really. It is sad because the MAA is the hardest class to master.

I disagree, actually. I’ve played MAA for like half the time I’ve played Knight, yet with MAA I can slaughter groups of attackers and with Knight I feel easily overwhelmed and clumsy.

MAA’s dodge is still effectively like a parry that lets you stab someone in the face at the same time! That’s pretty damn powerful in my book.

• @hermanJnr.:

@SgtSamy:

I disagree, actually. I’ve played MAA for like half the time I’ve played Knight, yet with MAA I can slaughter groups of attackers and with Knight I feel easily overwhelmed and clumsy.

For how many hours exactly?

• I don’t have any problem with the maa so I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. I almost never use feints, just purely dodge and block bypass strategy. I haven’t really ever feinted much at all since there are much better ways to be aggressive imo.

Yesterday went 10-1 in duel, losing clumsily only to a feinting vanguard 2-1. So no, this patch didn’t really change much. Haven’t fought much with a halberd yet, but hopefully it is a little easier to read the animation now. Previously though it still wasn’t that difficult to beat a halberd player anyway

• MaA is one of if not the strongest class right now.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

The maa resistance buff never went live. Maa got nerfed as only-1h user with increasing feint cost from 10 to 15 but leaving 15 on 2h (inb4 quarterstaff, it’s joke weapon). Most impression here are from semidecent players who took quarterstaff, wrecked some rookies below 10 lvl and said that this weapon is fine.

The blunt resistance buff went live, the pierce was reverted. Slashes (Head-Hit) from the Maul don’t oneshot MaA anymore. The feint increase is no big deal, as you can regenerate stamina much faster now. I still think it was a huge indirect buff to MaA, any ranged weapon of the Vanguard is now a joke against a MaA, the increased windup lets you interrupt every attack of the halberd with ease and any other Vanguard weapon wasn’t really a big problem.

• @Shara:

@rumpelstiltskin:

The blunt resistance buff went live, the pierce was reverted. Slashes (Head-Hit) from the Maul don’t oneshot MaA anymore. The feint increase is no big deal, as you can regenerate stamina much faster now. I still think it was a huge indirect buff to MaA, any ranged weapon of the Vanguard is now a joke against a MaA, the increased windup lets you interrupt every attack of the halberd with ease and any other Vanguard weapon wasn’t really a big problem.

Because most good knight players run with mauls and not 2h swords right?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Your point is?
    I am just stating that MaA did not recieve any sort of nerfs (besides the 1h feint, which is already made up by the increased stamina regeneration which is much more benefetial than having 5 less costs on stamina.)

So I don’t know where people come up with the idea that MaA is “ruined” post patch, it’s more powerful than it was pre-patch.

• @Shara:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Your point is?
    I am just stating that MaA did not recieve any sort of nerfs (besides the 1h feint, which is already made up by the increased stamina regeneration which is much more benefetial than having 5 less costs on stamina.)

So I don’t know where people come up with the idea that MaA is “ruined” post patch, it’s more powerful than it was pre-patch.

I am glad to hear feedback from someone who is good at MAA. Many times in games, people said knights are OP just because I kill them.

• Everybody who says : MAA is good , MAA didnt get nerfed are fucking idiots who play retarded easy no skill vanguards and knights with 2h

• @Shara:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Your point is?

It’s just silly how ONLY 1h feint got nerfed.

• Pff, I doubt it. I played with a guy yesterday, I’m pretty sure he was a server admin, playing as MaA. He was absolutely devastating. He was goint 20-30 kills with maybe 3 deaths every round, top player for sure. I dueled him multiple times (as a knight) and got absolutely destroyed, and I’m not half bad.

• MAA was the most powerful class before CU1, it still is now. The whole debacle of Vanguards and Knights being overpowered comes from public play which cannot be used as a basis for balance for one simple reason - the classes aren’t used to their full potential.