Duel Mode: 2v2

• Hello everyone,

as we all know, the patch has hit live and added some amazing features including the duel mode.

I was kind of disappointed when it had no way to play 2v2 or anything larger than 1v1.
    So I am making the suggestion to allow servers to set their setting to a 2v2 enviroment.
    I am convinced that this can work since I have played on a 64 player duel server yesterday without any lag or any problems, so that means 32 teams can be formed, which will be more than enough.

With the new interface made for the duel mode, it shouldn’t be a problem to form teams (as you can challenge already! So the option would be there.) by simply clicking on someone’s name or have the option to form a team with a stranger by hitting a „Random“ button.

I’d love to see this implemented and become a feature in the next patch, I really enjoy smallscale PvP and I feel that this could be a great addition and allow usage of teamplay and different tactics.

I hope you guys feel the same way and support the idea to make it in one of the upcoming patches eventually.

• So that you can team up with Noxian? No thanks!

• Damn Shara they know our plan! … MISSION ABORT!

• This is one of the best ideas I’ve seen on this forum. Would be great to play this with a friend!

• Disagree.
    2v2 will endup being 2 parallel 1v1 fights, and eventually 2v1, pointless. Most exciting duels are 1v1’s with no interruptions.

• Cool idea. I’d love this!

• 2v2 adds a whole new dimension and would be a great addition.

Even better ala Gladiator chain them together in the arena !

• Sure, why not.

• Agree, would add a fun cooperative element to duel mode.

• An excellent idea.

• If they were going to do this, which is a great idea, they should at least also test out 3v3 :D

• 2v2 would be a fun to play with a good buddy.

I’ve got a couple of friends who’d want to play with me (although they tend to friendly fire me a lot, so maybe 2v2s would be a good tool to help me to teach them how to avoid murderising me and otehr teammates for no good raisin)

• I sounds like a cool idea, but I can just see this turning into 2 v 1, then another 2 v 1 as the tatic would be to remove the “weakest” player/class as fast as possible.

Example:
    Dual Vans on a charge could end up just one shotting the first guy.

• @nsweetman:

I sounds like a cool idea, but I can just see this turning into 2 v 1, then another 2 v 1 as the tatic would be to remove the “weakest” player/class as fast as possible.

Example:
    Dual Vans on a charge could end up just one shotting the first guy.

Well they could but whats the other guy doing - just standing there lol.

Certainly the battle will be much more one sided when two good players get together but still would be a fun mode.

• Can we also have the ability to do uneven matches? For those who dare? As a 2v1, 3v2, maybe 3v1 if you dare? The challenge would be interesting.

• once the 1v1 duel is running smoother this would be a great addition

• Team duels, or clan battles.

• I can see archers dominating this one. With good synergy they can effectively take out approaching people 1 at a time by stun locking with leg hits or what have you.

Not saying I’m against it. Just saying this is easily forseable. After that, it’s 2 v1 and you pretty much lose at that point.

• @tlbww:

I can see archers dominating this one. With good synergy they can effectively take out approaching people 1 at a time by stun locking with leg hits or what have you.

Not saying I’m against it. Just saying this is easily forseable. After that, it’s 2 v1 and you pretty much lose at that point.

I think the maps are too small to be actually used like that by archers, you seem to forget that you wouldn’t be alone, your partner would be able to flank the archers and force them to switch to melee, or kill them. I doubt two archers have much to put against two melees on these small maps.

• @Shara:

@tlbww:

I can see archers dominating this one. With good synergy they can effectively take out approaching people 1 at a time by stun locking with leg hits or what have you.

I think the maps are too small to be actually used like that by archers, you seem to forget that you wouldn’t be alone, your partner would be able to flank the archers and force them to switch to melee, or kill them. I doubt two archers have much to put against two melees on these small maps.

This. When you have a shield archers are screwed on the duelling maps.