Duel Mode: 2v2

• Agree, would add a fun cooperative element to duel mode.

• An excellent idea.

• If they were going to do this, which is a great idea, they should at least also test out 3v3 :D

• 2v2 would be a fun to play with a good buddy.

I’ve got a couple of friends who’d want to play with me (although they tend to friendly fire me a lot, so maybe 2v2s would be a good tool to help me to teach them how to avoid murderising me and otehr teammates for no good raisin)

• I sounds like a cool idea, but I can just see this turning into 2 v 1, then another 2 v 1 as the tatic would be to remove the “weakest” player/class as fast as possible.

Example:
    Dual Vans on a charge could end up just one shotting the first guy.

• @nsweetman:

I sounds like a cool idea, but I can just see this turning into 2 v 1, then another 2 v 1 as the tatic would be to remove the “weakest” player/class as fast as possible.

Example:
    Dual Vans on a charge could end up just one shotting the first guy.

Well they could but whats the other guy doing - just standing there lol.

Certainly the battle will be much more one sided when two good players get together but still would be a fun mode.

• Can we also have the ability to do uneven matches? For those who dare? As a 2v1, 3v2, maybe 3v1 if you dare? The challenge would be interesting.

• once the 1v1 duel is running smoother this would be a great addition

• Team duels, or clan battles.

• I can see archers dominating this one. With good synergy they can effectively take out approaching people 1 at a time by stun locking with leg hits or what have you.

Not saying I’m against it. Just saying this is easily forseable. After that, it’s 2 v1 and you pretty much lose at that point.

• @tlbww:

I can see archers dominating this one. With good synergy they can effectively take out approaching people 1 at a time by stun locking with leg hits or what have you.

Not saying I’m against it. Just saying this is easily forseable. After that, it’s 2 v1 and you pretty much lose at that point.

I think the maps are too small to be actually used like that by archers, you seem to forget that you wouldn’t be alone, your partner would be able to flank the archers and force them to switch to melee, or kill them. I doubt two archers have much to put against two melees on these small maps.

• @Shara:

@tlbww:

I can see archers dominating this one. With good synergy they can effectively take out approaching people 1 at a time by stun locking with leg hits or what have you.

I think the maps are too small to be actually used like that by archers, you seem to forget that you wouldn’t be alone, your partner would be able to flank the archers and force them to switch to melee, or kill them. I doubt two archers have much to put against two melees on these small maps.

This. When you have a shield archers are screwed on the duelling maps.

• Indeed a 2vs2 dueling mode would be great along with the team dueling mode I suggested herehttp://www.chivalrythegame.com/foru … f=8&t=9056 !

• Bug fixes first, then 2v2 duel mode next. :D

• @Speedy:

Disagree.
    2v2 will endup being 2 parallel 1v1 fights, and eventually 2v1, pointless. Most exciting duels are 1v1’s with no interruptions.

I believe this to be false. In a real 2v2, people would trade blows with both opponents, and constantly try to flank as much as possible. I think this would be an intense game mode where you infact cannot only focus on one opponent without getting smashed from behind. It will involve more tactic than a simple 1v1.

I think it’s a great idea

• This is indeed a glorious idea!

Would love to have something like this!

(Although 3v3 or anything more really wouldn’t be necessary as we already have last team standing)

• @Ulven:

An excellent idea.

I killed you :v

yeah it’s a nice idea! :D

• Duel mode 2v2 is a brilliant idea, even though it might have its " Pros, and Cons " its indeed a terrific idea. It would be amazing to battle your enemies with a friend by your side. +1 8-)

• @Speedy:

Disagree.
    2v2 will endup being 2 parallel 1v1 fights, and eventually 2v1, pointless. Most exciting duels are 1v1’s with no interruptions.

I have to agree on the most part. Although as others have said 2v2 would add more depth etc in a sense, I yet think controlled and confined 2v2 matches should be left for proper organised scrims rather than randomised duels.

Duel was designed to test and compete purely on the independent players skills against random people of different skill levels; I think a team mate in random 2v2 duels could become a liability if noobier than you and visa versa. Just my initial reaction :)

• @Scorp:

@Speedy:

Disagree.

I have to agree on the most part. Although as others have said 2v2 would add more depth etc in a sense, I yet think controlled and confined 2v2 matches should be left for proper organised scrims rather than randomised duels.

Duel was designed to test and compete purely on the independent players skills against random people of different skill levels; I think a team mate in random 2v2 duels could become a liability if noobier than you and visa versa. Just my initial reaction :)

Well I dont think that is a good reason not to have another feature that many people would enjoy.

Besides a good algorithm could match up the winners with the losers to create a more balanced match.