You have completely ruined MAA.

• MAA is now sluggish, slow, and has zero survivability due to the additional stamina penalties. Totally unviable now. Not playing anymore.

• It is?

You not playing this game anymore? Just because the MAA get tired blocking mauls all day and teledodging?

Some people. Bloody perfectionists.

• I totally agree with him, MAA are underpowered now, Vanguards and Knights kill us so fast right now sometimes 1 shot and after blocking with the shield the MAA gets tired and the Vanguard or Knight has a free win.

This game is broken beyond belief, the 2 classes that dominate the servers are knights and vanguards with their retarded long reach and high damage.

• @madhorde:

I totally agree with him, MAA are underpowered now, Vanguards and Knights kill us so fast right now sometimes 1 shot and after blocking with the shield the MAA gets tired and the Vanguard or Knight has a free win.

This game is broken beyond belief, the 2 classes that dominate the servers are knights and vanguards with their retarded long reach and high damage.

Yet all the absolutely most threatening players I have ever played against are MAA. Try not using a shield. It’s called adapting.

• The only change the Man-at-Arms class received was an increase to his armor against blunt damage. Maul no longer one shots to the body, and the double axe no longer one shots at all.

• @SlyGoat:

The only change the Man-at-Arms class received was an increase to his armor against blunt damage. Maul no longer one shots to the body, and the double axe no longer one shots at all.

Is that overhead or left click attack? Overhead imo should one shot anyone in the head at very least with maul…

• Not sluggish, put your FOV back up…

• @Slaughtervomit:

@SlyGoat:

The only change the Man-at-Arms class received was an increase to his armor against blunt damage. Maul no longer one shots to the body, and the double axe no longer one shots at all.

Is that overhead or left click attack? Overhead imo should one shot anyone in the head at very least with maul…

“No longer one shots to the body”

Overhead still takes one to the head.

• @Swayze’s:

@madhorde:

I totally agree with him, MAA are underpowered now, Vanguards and Knights kill us so fast right now sometimes 1 shot and after blocking with the shield the MAA gets tired and the Vanguard or Knight has a free win.

Yet all the absolutely most threatening players I have ever played against are MAA. Try not using a shield. It’s called adapting.

Yup, MAA are like Ninja assassins on steroids, fly around you beating the crap out of you and you don’t even touch em. Vanguards are easy as pie to beat as an MAA, just keep skirting around them hacking and slashing and blocking the occasional threatening strike and they’re dead.

Knights are the only threat to MAA, but only because you can’t interrupt attacks, otherwise, again, its really easy. I’d say MAA are too quick, and they need to be slowed down a tiny bit; they already have dodge that’s a good enough skill as is that NO ONE USES.

• Calling BS on this. If someone is doing spectacular, chances are that they’re either an MAA or a Vanguard.

• @SlyGoat:

@Slaughtervomit:

@SlyGoat:

“No longer one shots to the body”

Overhead still takes one to the head.

That’s pretty lame. Makes the Maul even less viable in team combat where it was already rarely used in high level play. Nerfs it in one vs ones even more as well against MAAs which is already very difficult against MAA.

• @Swayze’s:

@madhorde:

This. If you were a shield turtler then yeah this was a huge nerf for you, but then why would the speed class want a shield anyway? MAA was always best with a firepot or knives imo.

• MaA was overpowered anyways. They can teleport everywhere, and 2-3 shot full health knights. They needed a nerf.

EDIT: I looked. The MaA wasnt nerfed…it was actually buffed. Shame, that speedy little punk needs a nerf.

• Can I kindly suggest that all of you who clearly have no idea how to play the game stop saying MAA is OP. Personally I can’t see that much has changed for MAA in the update, if anything it’s a little better than it was (mainly because block seems slower all around). That’s a good thing though because they were underpowered before.

Either way half of the responses to OP are downright retarded. MAA ‘teleporting’ around and unhittable? You’re just bad, sorry.

• I do not understand nor see any part where the Man-at arms class has been completely ruined. I only see that the Man-at arms have in fact got a higher chance of actually doing better now in the beta patch, since the wretched no-flinch bug that tended to rip Man-at arms are now gone.

Every class now will suffer from Stamina drainage, which means you will have to limit your amount of missed attacks, dodge, parries and other things that cost stamina. Performing a crouch during regeneration will recover your stamina 1.6x faster, allowing you to take short breathing breaks between each battle. Man-at arms have never intended to be the class that rushes straight into the enemy, that’s the Vanguard + Knights job to perfom. Man-at arms are very powerful in scrims IF its played correctly. a Man-at arms are suppose to run around and support the frontline by constantly hitting or taking out weak opponents with their rapid weapons, they also have a devestating weapon that works well against groups of enemy; the Firepot!

People should seriously consider testing stuff a little bit more before they start crying about it on the forums.

Why is the Man-at arms so weak according to you all? but why the heck can an Archer take out an Man-at arms, Vanguard or Knight with his melee weapons at certain times too?

• I think MAA is in a very good place right now. They still seem to be able to do as well as they did pre-patch, the only difference is that they can’t toy around with my enemy as much because the stamina penalties are greater. I’m actually happy that I’m running out of stamina now instead of just doing whatever I want until I feel like killing my opponent.

In clustered situations there’s no difference at all. I either end up dead or on top of a pile of corpses.