Nerf to sprint affects Deathmatch (FFA) severely

• As the bug didn’t get fixed that prevents the “chase mechanic” (you run faster when you’re close to an enemy and your crosshair turns red) AND the sprint (initial) speed got severely reduced, backpaddling has become very effective.

This is leads to boring and unnecessarily long fights to FFA.

The game mode was great because it was fast and fun. Now it’s neither. Which is really a pity as it was the only fun game mode for me.

In short: Sprint needs a buff in FFA (alone).

• Change your FOV. Sprint nor movement speed were “nerfed.”

The default FOV of 95 will feel slower than whatever you might have been using. It is possible the update reset it to that.

• These casuals and their sprint threads are really starting to bother me. Read the patch notes before you come up with these absurd ideas about game balance. Sprint is exactly the same as it has ever been.

• Yeah sprint feels the same. Although I did originally have my FOV set to about 90 before the patch so maybe that’s why.

• Sprint is OP, I say nerf it! :berz:

• Sprint actually got buffed in FFA, because the chase bonus now works properly.

• @SlyGoat:

Sprint actually got buffed in FFA, because the chase bonus now works properly.

Nice o.o FFA is still stupid, but that makes archers less annoying. Whenever a server cycles to FFA I take it upon myself to hunt them down to the exclusion of all else, because fuck them. And I like playing archer, but you’re a douche if you do it in FFA =p