Patch? More like salting the wound.

• To be honest, the patch made almost everything worse.

! OPINIONS INCOMING

-Server browser is still a joke
    -You encouraged LMB spam by buffing the living hell out of the vanguard’s FIRST POLEARM
    -The only viable weapon as a vanguard is now a polearm, everything else is obsolete
    -Vanguard is the best melee class hands down now
    -Alt attacks’ animations are atrocious, and just need to be scrapped
    -Van Backswings are absolutely ridiculous now
    -The polehammer is still a crappier halberd
    -The quarterstaff is still a barely better cudgel
    -Shields are almost completely useless due to the new kick weakness
    -Flails are almost if not entirely pointless due to crap damage, crap speed, and crap range, and dont even get me started on the knight’s movement animation when using said crap weapon
    -The sling is still UP
    -Vet helms bugged out of the game
    -Knights appear to be even slower than they previously were, which makes that class nearly pointless in duel settings, if not in any setting
    -The stagger system doesn’t even look like it exists anymore, everyone can just LMB through the animation
    -The tutorial is even buggier, just look at the starting cutscene now as opposed to what it was before
    -Vanguard sprint attacks are still garbage
    -Giving server owners the ability to limit what ranks join their server (NEVER put power like this into the hands of the people)
    -Everyone who wants to win just plays LMBguard, because you can even two-shot knights with the bardiche
    -MAA’s are so useless now that it’s not even funny
    -Dat MS Paint red/blue class background in class selection menu
    -Chat text is gray and hard to read
    -Blocking attacks is now even more hit-or-miss than before

This is not how you diversify weapons and classes, nor is it how you patch a game.

What were you guys thinking, making the bardiche faster than all of the bastard swords?
    Polearms should be very slow, now they just excel in every area and there’s no point to using greatswords or spears. Almost all of the update weapons are pointless, as there’s always a pre-update weapon that is better in every way (Even the fists are more viable than a quarterstaff).
    This entire patch was very obviously rushed, and I can get that seeing as how you’re understaffed, but jesus christ, why did you do half of the things you did? This one patch almost ruined the entire game because you couldn’t have just told us “It’ll be in february”, so now the main version of the game plays like a just-released alpha version. I dont think i’ll be playing this game for much longer if this keeps up.

• @Gadwin:

-Shields are almost completely useless due to the new kick weakness

What does it mean? Aren’t shield stronger when kicks get nerfed?

-Dat MS Paint red/blue class background in class selection menu

Yeah, this is f***ed up. Looks like a placeholder that was left in…

• I have to admit I’m not all that confident either.

It seems like the new weapons were added with not much consideration of how they fit in with the rest of the game, and more just ‘oh look more weapons’.

Who in their right mind would use the sling as it is?

• @Gadwin:

-Server browser is still a joke
    -The quarterstaff is still a barely better cudgel
    -Shields are almost completely useless due to the new kick weakness (today ive been kicked by a bunch of archers using shield, and they easily get a stab on me before i can block again, this didnt happen before, is that what you meant?)
    -Flails are almost if not entirely pointless due to crap damage, crap speed, and crap range, and dont even get me started on the knight’s movement animation when using said crap weapon
    -The sling is still UP (actually, its really strong. it has few downsides and deals incredible damage for a weapon with such a fast attack, low projectile drop and infinite ammo.)
    -Vet helms bugged out of the game
    -The tutorial is even buggier, just look at the starting cutscene now as opposed to what it was before (i dont know about this, but probably. last time it worked properly was at launch.)
    -Vanguard sprint attacks are still garbage (theyre strong but theyve always felt weird, yes)
    -Dat MS Paint red/blue class background in class selection menu (yeah, this one is immersion breaking and I feel like im being catered to as a kid)
    -Chat text is gray and hard to read

• there also still many spots ingame where you can get stuck on the ground or in a corner.
    • the sling bugs out easily, sometimes your animation disappears using it and you cannot do anything to solve this, other times you can’t switch weapons.

• The only change to the bardiche was actually a nerf to its stab speed.

• @BagOfBeans:

I’m not in my right mind, but i use the sling all the time. It is a terrible weapon, but so so so fun!

• @SlyGoat:

The only change to the bardiche was actually a nerf to its stab speed.

What about polearms in general? Did they all get a windup boost or something? This guy I was fighting earlier was swinging that thing around like it was a mace.

! Polearms are still stupid.

@Siegbert:

What does it mean? Aren’t shield stronger when kicks get nerfed?

@Herkulades:

(today ive been kicked by a bunch of archers using shield, and they easily get a stab on me before i can block again, this didnt happen before, is that what you meant?)

Whenever you kick a person blocking with the shield, the shield user goes into a stunned state now and is vulnerable to attacks for a short while (Which is long enough to get them killed)

So yes, that’s what I meant by that.

• @SlyGoat:

The only change to the bardiche was actually a nerf to its stab speed.

Bardiche two-shot knights with swings before patch? o.o I’ve never used it, but that seems strong as hell, why isn’t it more common?

• If the numbers in the weapons table are correct, the bardiche actually has some rather long release and recovery times but the combo is pretty good. Though long releases just really gives more options in speeding up/slowing strikes.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@BagOfBeans:

I’m not in my right mind, but i use the sling all the time. It is a terrible weapon, but so so so fun!

Same, I love the weapon. But it is ass. The only saving grace is that you can sprint whilst swinging it, which I sincerely hope is not a bug as the thing is useless compared to the other weapons for archer otherwise, like the fork is useless compared to anything else for the vanguard.

The half second delay between releasing M1 and the projectile appearing, the second after releasing M1 before you can sprint…

It just feels way too clunky, and having to compensate for both a slow projectile speed AND it not releasing when you let go of M1 is pretty harsh. The sling should be fast and weak hitting.

• I have to agree with you about the new weapons. The quarterstaff feels too weak, slow, and short-ranged to be useful (why not just use a morningstar?) while the sling is too hard to use, the animations on the flails are very vague and are too slow, and the polehammer is just all-around worse than other polearms.

So far I’ve seen quite a few more bugs introduced in the patch and almost none fixed, it’s pretty disappointing.

• -Shields are almost completely useless due to the new kick weakness

I disagree and I do use shield quite a lot - they have to kick while you have your shield up and kick has been slowed down as well as has shorter range than many weapons. You really need to rise your shield up only to block, if you keep it on all the time you’re simply making yourself vulnerable to a kick opening you to an attack. If someone kicks you while your shield is down blocking enemy is entirely possible.

I think the flails are like hammers: they need to be used properly and they are probably designed mostly do deal with shields. You can even use this setup to your advantage by equipping a buckler and a broadsword. With so small shield you can counter-attack pretty fast and be agile enough to kill/heavily damage multiple opponents. It’s hard setup to use, though.

-Vanguard sprint attacks are still garbage

Vanguard’s sprint attacks aren’t his biggest strength. His biggest strength is the pushback ability, making it really hard to hit him with any secondary weapons of a knight. The flails, all secondaries of a knight, the warhammer are extremely hard (if not impossible) to be used against a good vanguard who knows how to fight.

• I think that the new anti-shield kick mechanism was intended to counter turteling shield-users.
    But it doesn’t only affect them, no, since you can feint (making opponent to raise shield) and kick for a guaranteed free hit!

Also, is blocking harder now?

• @Holy.Death:

I disagree and I do use shield quite a lot - they have to kick while you have your shield up and kick has been slowed down as well as has shorter range than many weapons. You really need to rise your shield up only to block, if you keep it on all the time you’re simply making yourself vulnerable to a kick opening you to an attack. If someone kicks you while your shield is down blocking enemy is entirely possible.

Then what’s the point of even carrying a shield? All it does is slow you down and protect against arrows, which can be avoided by snaking towards the enemy, so why bother?

I think the flails are like hammers: they need to be used properly and they are probably designed mostly do deal with shields. You can even use this setup to your advantage by equipping a buckler and a broadsword. With so small shield you can counter-attack pretty fast and be agile enough to kill/heavily damage multiple opponents. It’s hard setup to use, though.

Everything needs to be used properly, its just that with some weapons you get a better end result when using them right. The flail has a really shitty end result.

Vanguard’s sprint attacks aren’t his biggest strength. His biggest strength is the pushback ability, making it really hard to hit him with any secondary weapons of a knight. The flails, all secondaries of a knight, the warhammer are extremely hard (if not impossible) to be used against a good vanguard who knows how to fight.

An ability is meant to be used. If you can’t use an ability, you’re only using 75% of the class. If the other 25% is unusable then that class is at a disadvantage.

• Then what’s the point of even carrying a shield? All it does is slow you down and protect against arrows, which can be avoided by snaking towards the enemy, so why bother?

1. It can protect you against projectiles.
    2. It makes you almost invulnerable to feints.
    3. It allows you to block multiple attacks.
    4. It makes defense part more reliable since you can’t “miss” your block.

Everything needs to be used properly, its just that with some weapons you get a better end result when using them right. The flail has a really shitty end result.

Agreed.

An ability is meant to be used. If you can’t use an ability, you’re only using 75% of the class. If the other 25% is unusable then that class is at a disadvantage.

It’s better for some weapons, like swords as you swing in a wide arc. You either will hit someone, damaging or killing, or the enemy who’s managed to block will be pushed away, giving you time and - if I am not mistaken - it’ll take more their stamina than yours, which is pretty important in the current version of the game as now stamina matters.

• @Holy.Death:

Not sure about this, you can still stab and attack through shields at point blank range. They aren’t that reliable.

@Gadwin:

-The stagger system doesn’t even look like it exists anymore, everyone can just LMB through the animation

^this

I’ve actually had players do slash combos, while I was attacking them. I’d understand managing to get a swing off if they timed it right, but a combo after they miss the first swing and i’ve hit them 3 times with a quarterstaff is ridiculous.

• i agree with this topic until this game “patch” is fixed and put back to its state when i bought the game (the free weekend) i refuse to play the game

• @MrRedshark:

@Holy.Death:

Not sure about this, you can still stab and attack through shields at point blank range. They aren’t that reliable.

I agree, to properly use a shield you still need to face the direction of the swing and even then sometimes you just get hit.

• Meh, shielding is just really buggy in this game. They said they found the reason for it and they’d fix it next patch (they didn’t have enough time to put it in the recent one apparently).

I know you can do the whole SNEAKY STAB to get around the side of an opponents shield, that’s legit. But the whole stab at very close range going through shields is extremely frustrating.

And fighting on hills/slopes is a nightmare as well. Blocking, even if you are looking directly at the point of the weapon, still just likes to disregard anything you were doing if you are on different angles attacking each other.

• I agree. The quarterstaff is a vile thing, and does nothing but inspire the meek and combatively deficient to spam left click.