Couple of newbie questions

• Hey, i’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I just had a couple of questions to clear things up…if you don’t mind that is, I have not met too many pacient helpful nice people in-game so I was hoping perhaps here I can get answers

· Are people upset about “lmb spammers” because the swings hit a greater radius and it’s easier to accidently TK with? Or does lmb attack swing the fastest and therefor considered the easiest and “noobiest”?

· So after playing the tutorial and a few practice matches, aswell as a couple of days-worth competetive matches - the overhead does the most damage and the stab hits the furthest yes? But is the range of the stab actually only greater in distance if the weapon itself is long? Such as the spear? Because I was testing it with the 1 handed weapons and I have the same range on all 3 attacks

· I often get completely annihilated by combatants wielding 1 handed weapons and a shield whilst on an archer or other 2-handed weapons, they rush at me and I block the first attack but then when I try to attack back they get a hit in first and from there on just throw attack after attack until I am down, I do not have the opportunity to block anything else nor counter with my own swing. If for example i’m on a knight with a poleaxe, what’s the best way to fight a knight with mace and shield?

Sorry if it was long but i’d highly appreciate anybody kind enough to explain this to me calmly. Thanks in advance!

• Only bad players get upset by lmb spammers - they are upset because they got killed by someone just charging forward swinging with now skill.

Good players parry and kill the spammer.

As for facing knight and shield - parry and mix up your attacks, use alt to attack his weapon side, use a lot of movement to get around his shield.

If you have a halberd face hug him and insta hit him with the handle of an overhead :-)

• @gregcau:

Only bad players get upset by lmb spammers - they are upset because they got killed by someone just charging forward swinging with now skill.

As for facing knight and shield - parry and mix up your attacks, use alt to attack his weapon side, use a lot of movement to get around his shield.

If you have a halberd face hug him and insta hit him with the handle of an overhead :-)

alt to attack his weapon side, what do you mean by that? and what about being close to someone as a vanguard being able to hit with the handle? i thought you only hit with the blade

• @trejox:

@gregcau:

Only bad players get upset by lmb spammers - they are upset because they got killed by someone just charging forward swinging with now skill.

alt to attack his weapon side, what do you mean by that? and what about being close to someone as a vanguard being able to hit with the handle? i thought you only hit with the blade

If you press alt while you left attack the attack comes from the other side.

Handle I was being funny but there was (maybe still is) a bug where if you were right in front of someone and did an overhead swing the handle hits hit almost instantly. I suppose the bug was there because the handle is still part of the weapon.

• @gregcau:

@trejox:

@gregcau:

If you press alt while you left attack the attack comes from the other side.

Handle I was being funny but there was (maybe still is) a bug where if you were right in front of someone and did an overhead swing the handle hits hit almost instantly. I suppose the bug was there because the handle is still part of the weapon.

I had no idea about the alt thing, thanks a bunch! So your advice against in-your-face man at arms is what? Try to parry? If they faint or dodge to a side quickly enough and get in an attack…i’m usually screwed because after that I can no longer parry anymore and get destroyed. What can I do about that?

• 1- People are more upset by LMB spammers on their own team, yes.

2- Range is dictated by the weapon’s actual length, yes. Different weapons swing differently, but in general a stab and an overhead will have roughly the same range, but the overhead gets to that range slower. In my experience a slash has shorter range than both and gets there the slowest, but obviously is the easiest to hit someone with.

3- Just practice, really. After you parry, the other person can’t launch an attack before you can counterattack unless you’re really slow about it. If you successfully parried, immediately hit an attack button and it will happen. As to getting combo’d to death, once you’ve missed a parry and then been hit, you have to retime your parry, so wait, re-aim at the tip of his weapon, then press parry again. If you just spam it/press it too quick, you’ll be locked into a timing that doesn’t work, parrying in between his strikes until you die.

• @Daiyuki:

1- People are more upset by LMB spammers on their own team, yes.

2- Range is dictated by the weapon’s actual length, yes. Different weapons swing differently, but in general a stab and an overhead will have roughly the same range, but the overhead gets to that range slower. In my experience a slash has shorter range than both and gets there the slowest, but obviously is the easiest to hit someone with.

3- Just practice, really. After you parry, the other person can’t launch an attack before you can counterattack unless you’re really slow about it. If you successfully parried, immediately hit an attack button and it will happen. As to getting combo’d to death, once you’ve missed a parry and then been hit, you have to retime your parry, so wait, re-aim at the tip of his weapon, then press parry again. If you just spam it/press it too quick, you’ll be locked into a timing that doesn’t work, parrying in between his strikes until you die.

Cheers that does help, I guess I panic once someone is so close to me and I get smacked into critical condition. I’ve always known about having to aim at the tip of their weapon to parry properly, but once in combat I completely forget about it. Probably just about practice. Lots of it.

• F is your best friend against shields. If you kick an actively blocking shield, the player will be stunned long enough for you to get a hit in. Just remember kicks have a slow windup and low reach so a smart player won’t let you just waltz up and kick them.