CTF might become the new standard "competitive" mode

• It’s (IMO) by far the most fun game to play, also team playing has a lot of weight here, and I really liked how players (without anyone telling them) separated by groups, 2 or 3 guys stayed with our flag to protect it, 2 guys stood a little further towards to the center of the map to avoid big groups of enemies to go through without harm, and the rest of the team just went on aggressive.

This mode feels really rich, works flawlessly (no bugs so far), and it’s VERY fun. I feel like this is gonna be one of the best modes for clan vs clan matches, it really uses all the tools, defense, offense, coordination.

Best mode in Chivalry.

• Dunno, Team Objective needs more coordination. Trying to chase a flag carrier is rather less about team play and more about if you happen to have an MAA close by or someone upfield to intercept him. It does give archers a bigger role though, certainly, not that we really needed people picking archer more often.

It’s certainly not a bad mode, but LTS is the the most competitive gametype in my opinion. Team Objective is so biased towards defenders that it’s kind of iffy for competition, but it does require the most teamwork.

• @Daiyuki:

Dunno, Team Objective needs more coordination. Trying to chase a flag carrier is rather less about team play and more about if you happen to have an MAA close by or someone upfield to intercept him. It does give archers a bigger role though, certainly, not that we really needed people picking archer more often.

It’s certainly not a bad mode, but LTS is the the most competitive gametype in my opinion. Team Objective is so biased towards defenders that it’s kind of iffy for competition, but it does require the most teamwork.

Coordination is part of telling a mate upfield to quickly intercept the flag carrier, and defense takes of part not letting the flag carrier escape. I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not just “have an MAA available to chase” because most of the time (supposing you’re playing right) even if you couldn’t stop the guy from taking your flag you can chase him (and catch him thanks to the “chase” mechanic), if you are very far to activate the “chase” mechanic then you must ask the help of a teammate upfield or a good archer to snipe the target.